Like Tree1674Likes

COVID-19 - Feb Week 2 News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast

This view is being expressed by many seriously thinking medical professionals: work to contain the immediate danger, yet keep the big picture in focus - a virus of this magnitude will very likely re-emerge again next season. A funny picture: to succeed, you should employ people who really care as they are in the high risk category (hope, they also have enough on staff of those who are not)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/healt...ntv/index.html

balancedequatio, RMDNC and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Far as I know, teachers are still being paid their salaries?
    It's not the same situation for "teachers". Many teachers work here on a part-time, hourly basis, whether for private or public instutions. There are many good part-time jobs out there, and they pay well for an hourly rate and teachers have a lot of control of their schedule and are fully free in summers. They are absolutely screwed right now. If classes are cancelled, simply no pay check. Some rely on examining and other education related services. All gone.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedequatio:
    For fairness, maybe we should consider an online Lucky Draw.
    I won that $100 lucky draw at NYE, but never got to pick it up due to this mess. They extended the time frame for which you can pick it up, but I'll just count it as a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by john_1122:
    Yes, these idiots should volunteer to go be quarantined in a proper place. But hey, it's more comfortable at home, and one can always go for a short errand, buy food, visit friends, etc. And who cares if others are are going to get the virus? It's me, me, me, me me, me and me. And everybody else can go to hell.
    But these people in the video don't look like they are sick, might be one of their family member is, so the rest of the family has to go for isolation as well? These people didn't want to go perhaps because if they go mixing with the sick people they might just ended up dead?

From other info I read, those who are really sick would be begging for a hospital bed which is so hard to get, they are unlikely to resist such captivity.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedequatio:
    What kind of country and society is it when ths kind of stuff is becoming the norm. Sad shes in that situation and sad she has to resist. Sad they have to take her by force like that.

Original Post Deleted
    As the little old lady waiting in the Wellcome check-out line with 100 rolls of toilet paper will say, "it's only a supply problem, if you're the one without the supply."

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    So, like me, then. So what must be going on in my place? Oh, no mortgage, financially sound. Work when I want with whom I want. Sit back and let the world right itself before going back out into the world seems an ideal methodology at the moment so i go with that as others can also do. Suits me. Family first.
    Don’t imagine the average taxi driver is in that fortunate position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Nothing for teachers... fuck this place and it's priorities... I just can't wait to see the back of it now. Desperately sorry for people who will be stuck here as it goes down the shitter.
    i would assume most teachers continue to receive their salary. Certainly private/international schools do and i guess government schools too. Yes, maybe private teachers, supply teachers and learning centres might have issues but not the majority of teachers.

Meanwhile in a galaxy far far away
    https://twitter.com/rhokilpatrick/st...223559169?s=21

A bunch of points that sound logical to me: trust Singapore and Japan numbers (I would exclude HK); for every case reported there are cases that aren't detected due to various reasons; too early to predict how the situation is going to evolve, but there are many critically alarming signs all over. https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/publichealth/84861

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast