Please use this thread for Wuhan / nCov / Flu and related discussions on shortages of both supplies and signs of competency in the local government. Will split out threads as and when new attention worthy discussions start.
Here's what we know / suspect:
- 10000s affected, 100s dead
- Statistics are rumored to be manipulated or incorrect or correct
- Toilet paper shortages across HK, Singapore and even Taiwan
- People are buying apartments to get free toilet paper and masks which are offered as promotions
- Govt has a quarantine scheme in place with HK characteristics
- Same govt is looking for unpaid volunteers to help with the quarantine - including medical students and scouts
- There might be an outbreak of H5N1 in China, but it does not matter as there is no one out there to feed the chickens and they're all dying anyways
- Local residents across HK are protesting proposed quarantine camps in their areas
- The Chinese national anthem is being censored on social media because it has a line about slaves rising up
Numbers not updated - the sharp change is possibly due to changes in diagnostic protocol
Stats updated every day at 8-9AM.