Like Tree197Likes

Covid-19: HK Discussion / Opinions

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Nine:
    The only patient who didn’t travel outside Hong Kong is a 58-year-old driver. But Chuang said he was likely to be infected by his employer, who lives in a public housing estate in Fanling. He was confirmed with the infection on Sunday after returning from Hokkaido.
    I've seen Bentley's and Rolls Royces in the public housing estates, just didn't know they also had drivers. Seriously if they are that well off why live in a public housing estate?

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    not peer-reviewed - some anecdotal evidence emerging to suggest that Aspirin, Advil (and similar drugs) is a very bad idea, increasing complications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWo5lmWuZI&t=25s
    fake news. In fact the university of Queensland are testing anti-inflammatories as a treatment, and there is evidence of beneficial effect already in treating Bronchitis.

https://www.facebook.com/Thoughtscap...069799/?type=3

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    fake news. In fact the university of Queensland are testing anti-inflammatories as a treatment, and there is evidence of beneficial effect already in treating Bronchitis.

https://www.facebook.com/Thoughtscap...069799/?type=3
    As I understand it we have two reasons for death. In young people, the cytokine storm due to the inflamatory response. In old people the respiratory failure due to the failure of the immune system to cope. I suspect that anti-inflammatories are bad for the latter group but good for the former group.

All going to show that self diagnosis and treatment is probably not a good idea.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jack55:
    I've seen Bentley's and Rolls Royces in the public housing estates, just didn't know they also had drivers. Seriously if they are that well off why live in a public housing estate?
    We've seen those and apparently many of them are drivers who park their employers cars. We've seen a few at our local estate too.

Original Post Deleted
    No problem at all and apology accepted. Tough times for everyone at the moment. Hope things pick up for you.
    AsianXpat0 and juanalias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jack55:
    I know one family that owns (maybe mortgaged) and rents around 17 properties in HK, with monthly rentals between HKD70K and HKD30K. They drive three cars including a Porsche 911 Turbo. They don't live in live in public housing estate but their house certainly isn't big. I guess they are simply accumulating wealth.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9