Like Tree107Likes

Bad practices during Corona Virus - name those places here, gym e.g.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/pure-fitn...-for-covid-19/

Just noting on this and the fact that worldwide gyms are closing - I really hope my gym, Goji doesn't go the same way! But I think i'll also be scaling down my gym visits slightly in the coming weeks
    Stay At Home
    huja likes this.

why are people so adamant on going to the gym, schedules and plans < life/health. people need to get their priorities straight.

we live right next to national parks, even if everyones crowding them, its still better than a gym. do some hiking instead.

hullexile and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by okahui:
    why are people so adamant on going to the gym, schedules and plans < life/health. people need to get their priorities straight.

we live right next to national parks, even if everyones crowding them, its still better than a gym. do some hiking instead.
    Because you don’t understand what going to a gym is about.

If you think hiking = healthy, you are wrongly assuming that healthy is endurance - it isn’t.

The gym gives you targeted aesthetics but looks is not the primary goal for a gym goer - it’s a tangible objective that sustains the motivation to go to the gym.

The gym routine itself is just a part of maintaining a healthy style of living - the looks part (you know great abs, 10% body fat, blah, blah, blah) is actually just a reminder you shouldn’t eat crap like junk food which contain the poison commonly known as sugar (well not eat too much of it).

However, under the current circumstances, it’s probably better to buy a yoga mat and a set of free weights and do the gym work at home; and keep up the running for cardio workout.

By the way, not advocating, shaming or being judgemental. Some people just don’t like the gym- that’s ok.
    Last edited by Praetorian; 20-03-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    jgl, AsianXpat0, ebayhtl and 2 others like this.

Gym problem solved

Name:  gym.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  103.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by okahui:

You have never been to a gym, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian:
    Because you don’t understand what going to a gym is about.

If you think hiking = healthy, you are wrongly assuming that healthy is endurance - it isn’t.

The gym gives you targeted aesthetics but looks is not the primary goal for a gym goer - it’s a tangible objective that sustains the motivation to go to the gym.
    I'd go a bit further and say that hiking here isn't a particularly healthy activity anyway. It does bugger all for fitness unless you're starting from a very low baseline or your actually a trail runner, and many days of the year it's probably more akin to going out to smoke half a pack of cigarettes.

And I write this as a keen hiker who's been doing 5+ hour hikes every weekend recently. I hike because it's enjoyable, and good for my mental health. Not because it improves any aspect of my fitness.
    Last edited by jgl; 20-03-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

IMO apts crowded here but you are better off spending the membership fees on weights and even a running machine if you can fit in into your home. The hygiene at gyms are terrible even before the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    On my ferry, they now wipe down the ramp handles with a genuine damp, dirty rag. Hooray for cleanliness! Previously, did nothing, never saw any part of the ferry being cleaned (and more than a few have the odd cockroach...).
    Top cleaning hack I see : stand at the side of escalator hand rail with a filthy rag pressed on it and let the moving hand rail to the work for you evenly distributing the corona . Sorted!

I see people still cough without covering their mouths. Old habits die hard I guess.

Name:  FABA017E-6A94-4A7B-9F73-42CB35D5BA43.jpeg
Views: 394
Size:  106.3 KB
    If he is serious about the threat then why doesn’t he just close the bar. It is still populated by maskless gweilo acting as if nothing has changed.
    About time LKF was shut too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    Name:  FABA017E-6A94-4A7B-9F73-42CB35D5BA43.jpeg
Views: 394
Size:  106.3 KB
    If he is serious about the threat then why doesn’t he just close the bar. It is still populated by maskless gweilo acting as if nothing has changed.
    About time LKF was shut too.
    It's a bar... do you seriously expect people to drink with masks on?

Are you advocating the closure of all restaurants across HK for the same reason, or are you just being racist here?

What Hemmingways is posting here is a damn sight more than what we've seen from any other F&B establishment.
    HK_Katherine and bbchris like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast