Like Tree107Likes

Bad practices during Corona Virus - name those places here, gym e.g.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Isn't steroid use compulsory for gym users?
    If that’s a serious question, said who?

If it was a p-take, well done....congrats ..

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian:

I must say I’m finding it incredibly hard to resist replying to this pious bullshit you are trying to drill into us over gyms versus hiking despite promising elsewhere that I would avoid doing so.

You are obviously a gym fanatic and that’s fine. Guess what most of us

a) don’t give a fuck
    b) don’t look on hiking as an alternative to the gym
    c) don’t give a fuck

I would advocate that a much ‘healthier’ lifestyle is had by hikers with poor diets than evangelistic gym users with perfect BMI, perfectly toned muscles and with a diet envied by Victoria Beckham.

Of all the issues we are facing and tackling with this virus the answer to how most of us feel about gym closures is covered in a) and c) above.

Gyms are closed, bars are closing and there is possibly more to come. I suggest you adapt to a new way of operating your daily life just as we have all had to

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian:

It was making fun of your insanity. I would bet my house on the fact that the percentage of serious gym users taking steroids is much much higher than the percentage of hikers who have been rescued by helipcopter.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:

Gyms are closed, bars are closing and there is possibly more to come. I suggest you adapt to a new way of operating your daily life just as we have all had to
    I believe he has found a new daily life routine - bitching on Geo is clearly the preferred pastime of many in a pandemic

I must say I’m finding it incredibly hard to resist replying to this pious bullshit you are trying to drill into us over gyms versus hiking despite promising elsewhere that I would avoid doing so.

a) don’t give a fuck
    c) don’t give a fuck

I would advocate that a much ‘healthier’ lifestyle is had by hikers with poor diets than evangelistic gym users with perfect BMI, perfectly toned muscles and with a diet envied by Victoria Beckham.

Of all the issues we are facing and tackling with this virus the answer to how most of us feel about gym closures is covered in a) and c) above.

I ain’t trying anything - people can do what they want.

And that’s a whole load of keyboard letters for not giving a fuck.

a) don’t give a fuck
    c) don’t give a fuck

Shit have gyms closed? There's nothing on my gym's fb page about it.

It was making fun of your insanity. I would bet my house on the fact that the percentage of serious gym users taking steroids is much much higher than the percentage of hikers who have been rescued by helipcopter.
    And what’s that got to do with the price of bread?

I’ll equally bet my entire net worth that the number of helicopter rescues and placing rescuers in mortal danger for gym goers are less than those for hikers.

Entertaining to read childish debates about gym or hiking. You can also go running, cycling , swimming( the cycling paths and the ocean remain open) do body weight exercises like push up, pull ups , inverted rows, planks, core exercises, use resistance bands. There are many paths to the top of a mountain and just one. As to healthy eating, it's a totally separate issue that has nothing to do with the exercises that one chooses to do. Here you can start another debate... Who is the better/fitter athlete? Woods, Federer, Lebron? Ronaldo or Jeff Cavaliere?

TaD_LaLa likes this.

I would instead propose that a high percentage of serious (as in regular, enthusiastic) gym users don't share the rather narrow views of the activity as espoused by Praetorian. I like to think that some of us are rather more balanced in our motivation and less blatantly narcissistic. And some of us hike, too.
    TaD_LaLa, drumbrake and kimwy66 like this.

Well it's happened, goji closed before the government announced all closure of gyms for 2 weeks

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast