Like Tree107Likes

Bad practices during Corona Virus - name those places here, gym e.g.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Entertaining to read childish debates about gym or hiking. You can also go running, cycling , swimming( the cycling paths and the ocean remain open) do body weight exercises like push up, pull ups , inverted rows, planks, core exercises, use resistance bands. There are many paths to the top of a mountain and just one. As to healthy eating, it's a totally separate issue that has nothing to do with the exercises that one chooses to do. Here you can start another debate... Who is the better/fitter athlete? Woods, Federer, Lebron? Ronaldo or Jeff Cavaliere?

TaD_LaLa likes this.

jgl

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It was making fun of your insanity. I would bet my house on the fact that the percentage of serious gym users taking steroids is much much higher than the percentage of hikers who have been rescued by helipcopter.
    I would instead propose that a high percentage of serious (as in regular, enthusiastic) gym users don't share the rather narrow views of the activity as espoused by Praetorian. I like to think that some of us are rather more balanced in our motivation and less blatantly narcissistic. And some of us hike, too.
    TaD_LaLa, drumbrake and kimwy66 like this.

Well it's happened, goji closed before the government announced all closure of gyms for 2 weeks

Enjoying this passionate debate

TaD_LaLa likes this.

Please stop Praetorian!

Some of us like a well lived in, albeit, a slightly fluffier male physique that speaks to an ability to enjoy a good meal without moaning about waist lines

Live a little geez!

What's up with your propaganda push of the body dysmorphic, one size fits all approach to male bodies that requires a particular fat percentage?

And don't quote health either as it's unlikely you genuinely care about the health outcomes of the men you are preaching at.

All bodies are welcome.

Older, fluffier, wiser and much sexier to not be hung up on how much you work out versus how much you live life and love others

And now it's time for cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian:

The mirror is the gauge of body fat %. There is no accurate tool to measure body fat %. I think the 15-19% mark for men is where every healthy male needs to try for.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I would instead propose that a high percentage of serious (as in regular, enthusiastic) gym users don't share the rather narrow views of the activity as espoused by Praetorian. I like to think that some of us are rather more balanced in our motivation and less blatantly narcissistic. And some of us hike, too.
    I agree, I eat healthy as well as junk food and have been training for many years to maintain some muscle mass.

Today I tried Eliment gym in Causeway Bay - nice gym, very clean but also very small. Although I did a bodyfat assessment before the workout and it said I was 7% bodyfat lol!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8