Like Tree189Likes

Covid-19: HK Schools Shutdown

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7
    There is a plan : this is it' sorry I couldn't be arsed to translate it all but in essence it's a staged resumption of schools upper grades first : some half days : as a parent it is OK by me : there is emphasis on staged return depending on epidemic control '
    [25/4 15:21] 最新復課消息 / 估計:

1. DSE 25/5 考畢。
    2. 中四、中五 25/5(一)復課(半日)。
    3. 小五、小六 1/6(一)復課(半日),小五可考升中 分試。
    4. 如疫症情況仍然受控,中一、中二、 三 8/6(一)復課(半日)。
    5. 如疫症情況仍然受控,小三、小四 15/6(一)復課(半日)。
    6. 小一、小二有機會復課,亦有機會今 年不復課。
    [25/4 15:21] information from principles after meeting with 楊潤雄
    Hi is this a school specific plan or a territory wide plan?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Sorry not my field but he is secretary of education so I assume territory wide
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

1. DSE 25/5 passed the exam.
    2. Secondary 4 and Secondary 5 25/5 (Mon) resume classes (half day).
    3. Primary 5 and Primary 6 1/6 (Mon) resume classes (half a day), Primary 5 can pass the entrance examination for the examination.
    4. If the epidemic situation is still under control, S1, S2, and 3 8/6 (Mon) will be resumed (half day).
    5. If the epidemic situation is still under control, Primary 3 and Primary 4 15/6 (Mon) will resume classes (half day).
    6. Primary 1 and Primary 2 have the opportunity to resume classes, and also have the opportunity not to resume classes this year.
    [25/4 15:21] information from principles after meeting with Yang Runxiong

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

from what I can see it was a meeting between the EDB Director and Principals of schools?

Odd because my wife is a principal and she hasn’t said anything about it. I knew there have been meetings before but not aware of this one.

For me as a teacher of lower secondary it means I will do a few half days from the 8th June up to the 24th when I retire
    Mr Chips likes this.

bdw

17 hours and 16 minutes to go before my kids resume classes at 8am tomorrow in Western Australia!!

Chan said exemptions will be given to those engaged in production or economic activities beneficial to Hong Kong, as well as cross-border students and teachers.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...5-20200428.htm

School calendar changes being voted on, seems everybody, and not only secondary school kids are going back on the 25th. This may still change though.

So with everything confirmed that school for primary and secondary students is reopening from the end of May. Wondering who is sending their child and who is not? I remember a few said they will be keeping theirs home regardless. Mine are too young to go back this year so not an option for us.

School calendar changes being voted on, seems everybody, and not only secondary school kids are going back on the 25th. This may still change though.
    International schools early as back as the 20th if all goes well. Older secondary only as per the government’s plan.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17