Like Tree198Likes

Covid-19: Home & Hotel Quarantine Wristbands & Apps etc...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Isn’t it just wechat or WhatsApp?
    The first app to be installed is called TestFlight and seems to be a wrapper for the second app that links the wristband called StayHomeSafe
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    The first app to be installed is called TestFlight and seems to be a wrapper for the second app that links the wristband called StayHomeSafe
    testflight is how you install "beta" apps on iPhone... without going through the appstore.
    I wonder which appstore guideline is that app violating, that it could not be published in the appstore proper... 🤔
    AsianXpat0 and MatthieuTofu like this.

"Do not smoke and avoid alcohol consumption"

Glad they didn't use the Oxford comma.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Nope and frankly I couldn’t be bothered at the time with a family in tow and sleepy kids
    May I ask what was the procedure like to get this installed on your phone and receive your wristband? Long queues or pretty seamless and secondly did the kids have to wear anything? Not looking forward to any additional time cocking about in an airport with a 1 year old and a 4 year old after a 12 hour flight...

If I wanted to come back to Hong Kong to pick up birth certificates and documents and fly back out the next day or two. Do I need to stay in Hong Kong for 14 days? I have an apartment I can self quarantine in by myself.

I read the FAQs and sort of get the tracking app. I tried calling one number - was told to call the health department, but it end up playing a recorded message in Cantonese and dropping out.

The home affairs number asked me to call the health hotline. Which department is enforcing the rule, so I can ask them on whether I can come in, quarantine, then leave the country again.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/i...esource_Centre

I will definitely have to be in quarantine when I return to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Maybe the the bracelet is a passive RFID tag that is "associated" to a phone when you register... hence, they track you via the phone not the bracelet
    I was wondering, if they track your phone, why bother with the bracelet?

So I get how this works. You scan the local GSM networks to highlight where you are staying. If your phone goes outside the area, then the Popo (spit, wretch) comes to visit to make sure you're in.
    The way around it would be to leave your phone in your flat allowing you to go galavanting around town and sample all the local hot pot eateries.

So do they occasionally ping the phone to ask you to verify that you are by the phone when it is at home? That way you need to scan the RFID tag.

Kind of buggers it for those whose phones are without NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_jones:
    If I wanted to come back to Hong Kong to pick up birth certificates and documents and fly back out the next day or two. Do I need to stay in Hong Kong for 14 days? I have an apartment I can self quarantine in by myself.

I read the FAQs and sort of get the tracking app. I tried calling one number - was told to call the health department, but it end up playing a recorded message in Cantonese and dropping out.

The home affairs number asked me to call the health hotline. Which department is enforcing the rule, so I can ask them on whether I can come in, quarantine, then leave the country again.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/i...esource_Centre

I will definitely have to be in quarantine when I return to Australia.
    You have to stay inside at all times, even for meal. How are you going to pick up these documents?

@cookie09 When you have time, more details and if possible photos, would be great.

Are multiple wristbands connected to the same phone? Did they put bands on the kids?

Was the setup procedure started at the airport, and how long did it take? Faffing around with dodgy phone app installations after a long flight sounds like the last thing you want to be dealing with.

Did you walk through some kind of setup procedure when you got home?

Last edited by shri; 19-03-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    alexdown and BCD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    You have to stay inside at all times, even for meal. How are you going to pick up these documents?
    Everything is in the apartment, including documents, etc. I have a pantry full of food, freezer full of food, 3 boxes of bottle water, etc. I just need to pick up documents and clothes and medication that are in the apartment.

The only place I need to go Airport, apartment, airport. No need to visit shops, office, etc.

I could be in and out on the weekend.

If I need to self quarantine for 2 weeks -> I will probably run out of food and need to call somebody to take rubbish to the rubbish room on the floor...

I wasn't planning for extended stay out of the country - but family wanted to stay in Australia, rather than Hong Kong and most of our documents were in the apartment (we only expected to be in Australia for XMAS and CNY).

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_jones:
    Everything is in the apartment, including documents, etc. I have a pantry full of food, freezer full of food, 3 boxes of bottle water, etc. I just need to pick up documents and clothes and medication that are in the apartment.

The only place I need to go Airport, apartment, airport. No need to visit shops, office, etc.

I could be in and out on the weekend.

If I need to self quarantine for 2 weeks -> I will probably run out of food and need to call somebody to take rubbish to the rubbish room on the floor...

I wasn't planning for extended stay out of the country - but family wanted to stay in Australia, rather than Hong Kong and most of our documents were in the apartment (we only expected to be in Australia for XMAS and CNY).
    you definitely will be home quarantined for 14 days

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast