Like Tree169Likes

Covid-19: 03/21 (Sat) - Hong Kong News

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Pure fitness shut all facilities, didn't advertise why, or if they had related cases

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20200320.htm

Jackie1 likes this.

Another four Cathay flights arrive from London today. Well in excess of a thousand passengers with a near certainty of some infection among them but instead of mandatory quarantine they’ll just be fitted with a non-functioning wrist band.
    We’ve blown all our good work of the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    What should be done, but won't:

1. Mandatory shutdown of all businesses except essential ones for 14 days. Speed up relief money for people.
    2. All new arrivals go into mandatory, guarded quarantine (stop trying to fix defective bracelet and app--we all know that won't work).
    3. Everyone arriving gets tested. Those with symptoms, to hospital.
    4. Those who are not HK Citizen or Perm resident have to return to where they departed from unless showing symptoms.
    5. Start TODAY.
    Not to be an arse, but on #4, what about residents? I.e. the under-7-years-residency crowd. We're already missing out on the $10K giveaway so a bit harsh, don't you think?

I don't have anyplace else to go - I don't own a home outside HK any more. Mind you, I haven't travelled in over 2 months, so not a concern for me.
    HKsb, CharSiuNow, Baklava and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    Another four Cathay flights arrive from London today. Well in excess of a thousand passengers with a near certainty of some infection among them but instead of mandatory quarantine they’ll just be fitted with a non-functioning wrist band.
    We’ve blown all our good work of the last few weeks.
    plus the countless private jets the rich are using to escape EU
    Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doydbadyerd:
    Not to be an arse, but on #4, what about residents? I.e. the under-7-years-residency crowd. We're already missing out on the $10K giveaway so a bit harsh, don't you think?

I don't have anyplace else to go - I don't own a home outside HK any more. Mind you, I haven't travelled in over 2 months, so not a concern for me.
    Agreed. I overlooked that.
    CharSiuNow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    plus the countless private jets the rich are using to escape EU
    Do the self-quarantine rules and 'triage' at AWE apply to those flying in on private jets. I can't imagine them heading to the testing centre at AWE with the rest of the regular folks...
    JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    What should be done, but won't:

1. Mandatory shutdown of all businesses except essential ones for 14 days. Speed up relief money for people.
    2. All new arrivals go into mandatory, guarded quarantine (stop trying to fix defective bracelet and app--we all know that won't work).
    3. Everyone arriving gets tested. Those with symptoms, to hospital.
    4. Those who are not HK Citizen or Perm resident have to return to where they departed from unless showing symptoms.
    5. Start TODAY.
    I would add if non-essential businesses are is stopped, then their landlord must waive rent

So I find out yesterday my house has been listed a place of infection. Now I got people coming staring at the house, taking pictures, getting death looks when I step outside and my helper getting harrassed. This is all down to a person who tested positive who lived in a flat that was here 5 years ago and since been demolished. The person never officially changed her address and now because of this, my family is bearing the brunt.
    No police or officials have been to our property but the DoH has put a frigging red dot in the middle of my living room. Already found my address on several Facebook groups and a district Councillor spreading fear and bullshit on social media.
    Only saving grace is the country park day trippers age no longer parking in my drive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    So I find out yesterday my house has been listed a place of infection. Now I got people coming staring at the house, taking pictures, getting death looks when I step outside and my helper getting harrassed. This is all down to a person who tested positive who lived in a flat that was here 5 years ago and since been demolished. The person never officially changed her address and now because of this, my family is bearing the brunt.
    No police or officials have been to our property but the DoH has put a frigging red dot in the middle of my living room. Already found my address on several Facebook groups and a district Councillor spreading fear and bullshit on social media.
    Only saving grace is the country park day trippers age no longer parking in my drive way.
    Are you still in HK? I thought you were elsewhere these days.

I'm up in the jungle of Sai Kung keeping away from the big smoke

jgl likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast