Like Tree169Likes

Covid-19: 03/21 (Sat) - Hong Kong News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

https://twitter.com/rthk_enews/statu...788250624?s=21

Hearing something about employers who cannot provide quarantine places, either at home or at a hotel for their helpers - helpers will be repatriated and the employers will be tagged as being unable to provide accommodation, for future contracts.

500+ helpers arrive every day in HK.

They are expecting 7000 FDH to arrive in HK in the next couple of weeks.

MABinPengChau and timonoj like this.

It's almost like the government is reading GeoExpat's forums.

Now that the Mainland has zero new cases and we are quarantining all those filthy returnees, we surely can open the land border again.

A very unrealistic approach to contain the virus and prevent the planet turning into a zombie land, would be a total banning of all inbound and outbound travels across the globe (with other measures still in effect such as the usual social distancing etc). As long as people keep "globetrotting" , I should think, the virus will also keep packing up its suitcase for another new destination along with the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Now that the Mainland has zero new cases and we are quarantining all those filthy returnees, we surely can open the land border again.
    At the current rate of new cases in HK, it'll be the mainland quarantining arrivals from HK...

The target date for schools to reopen on April 20 has now been dropped, and they will remain closed "until further notice".

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    Agreed. I overlooked that.
    Yes quite an oversight. I've paid my tax bill already and zero % of it should go to anyone still earning over $50k/m, it should only go to help those most vulnerable.

Not to mention the fact that we non-PRs have visas, contracts to fulfil, and 2 months housing deposits! And what about the 390k foreign domestic work force? Already lots of non PRs who have been fucked over from this crisis, lost jobs, lost housing deposits etc etc

Glad you're not in govenment but you'd fit right in there!
    sunyhk and coffee_break like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    For the measure to be effective, it cannot be limited to just the public sector, private sector must also heed the call to work from from home. Lam needs to "strongly recommend" the private sector follow the public sector in reinstating work-from-home rule. No doubt, this will once again cause inconvenience and hassle for many office workers. But they can thank the selfish and irresponsible people in HK who refuse to take precautions for their situation.
    sunyhk likes this.

HA stopped issuing the daily hospital occupancy stats, that in my mind is far more worrying
    Gatts and timonoj like this.