Like Tree640Likes

To Mask or Not To Mask

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

To Mask or Not To Mask

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Now News reports that a taxi driver tested positive, he drove to/from the airport at least twice a day. Wore a mask so hopefully didn’t infect anybody else but they mentioned how passengers did not always do so.

Someone earlier mentioned the risk of people infecting cab drivers, bus drivers on their way to self quarantine... I think this is the first such case...
    If he always wore a mask, how did he get it from his passengers?
    Kowloon72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Touching the money as an example
    RMDNC and East_coast like this.

Original Post Deleted
    On the “plus” side, him wearing a mask even when he didn’t know he was infected means that he kept other people safe.

On a separate note the MTR is back to an almost normal crowd! I’m guessing the fact that most but not all cases are imported doesn’t alarm people here.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    For the love of God... the mask protects others, not you...

New Geoexpat Law: As an online COVID19 discussion grows longer, the probability of an argument about the effectiveness of masks approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    On the “plus” side, him wearing a mask even when he didn’t know he was infected means that he kept other people safe.

On a separate note the MTR is back to an almost normal crowd! I’m guessing the fact that most but not all cases are imported doesn’t alarm people here.
    I barely use it now. Practically no need for me fortunately so maybe once a week, for no reason other than I have no necessity to be anywhere other than NT at present.. Is that due to less trains or has that increased even after trains were reduced?

I'm just gonna say this now... I'm married to a local and most of our friends are locals... people are starting to get pissed off at expats not masking up... I'm seeing a lot more local people muttering loudly at the Gold Coast because it's almost universally white people not masking up...

Maybe trouble if there's another spike and it's linked to gweilos.

My comment was a question that could have been interpreted in a few ways. Interesting that most people have gone for the "well masks don't really protect you" response. When an equally valid one is "he probably wasn't wearing it properly or at all times." Or "how do we even know he got it from his taxi."

The article is written with a bias attempting to show that airport passengers not wearing masks = bad, innocent taxi driver wearing mask = victim. A lot of conjecture here feeding into the new narrative that foreigners are spreading the virus in HK.

Kowloon72 and arathi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I barely use it now. Practically no need for me fortunately so maybe once a week, for no reason other than I have no necessity to be anywhere other than NT at present.. Is that due to less trains or has that increased even after trains were reduced?
    More people seem to be heading onto the Island for shopping. Still much emptier heading towards Tung Chung, the malls along the line are empty.

As my facebook is still linked to a number of Sai Kung gossipy groups, I noticed that lately there has been a bit of friction brewing between younger expats ( 40's and younger ) and the old British guard that has lived there for decades who are mostly in their late 50's/60's who still think it's o.k to go to their usual watering holes in SK town, as if nothing has happened! One of them promoted one of the popular bars on MarketPlace and the reaction wasnt pretty.

There was also an altercation between a younger ( 20's) expat with an older Brit, out the front of Star Bucks ( a couple of days ago ) about young bloke attaching cardboard signs that read " Gweilo Are you too poor to buy a face mask ? Apparently it kicked off, which I didnt feel was all that surprising. same old, same old with Sai Kung !

hannah01 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast