Like Tree175Likes

Covid-19: 03/23 (Mon) - Hong Kong News

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Have they been tested?

Some international praise for HK's response to the coronavirus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LS9ZXKSQXg

They should have clarified the "public outcry" part though, it was medical workers who went on strike that really pushed the government to adopt a more stringent approach. As usual, the government has to be pushed to things, they can never proactively do things for HK by themselves.

Gatts, timonoj, Sage and 1 others like this.

HK government is stupid (anyone surprised?)

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...9-20200322.htm

We're doomed !

It works in Taiwan because they'll hunt you down like you're an escaped convict, your names all over the news, on social media published. And you'll get fined immediately if you break quarantine. I remember a few tourists from HK, they got fined 18k each (hk$) for doing so.

In contrast in hk you'll get 3 chances before they may or may not prosecute you. Screw that, for locals a hefty fine would immediately solve 99% of the quarantine breakers. So I'm all for stricter punishment.

for those of you who are in need or just curious, I have co-founded an initiative across Hong Kong. A support system. bit.ly/hkbuddyprogramfb

we're an all encompassing support group for those in self quarantine, home quarantine and also camp quarantine.

basically trying to answer all frequently asked questions

giving step by step airport procedures

app setup help

answering questions about how to quarantine

ensuring that those in quarantine have someone they can call on for support with getting essentials or delivery of items that they can't get elsewhere.

help with pets even.

really anything to make sure that the quarantine is easy for them and that they follow the protocol.

in the end we're all in this together

sunyhk, sallecc, kimwy66 and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    It works in Taiwan because they'll hunt you down like you're an escaped convict, your names all over the news, on social media published. And you'll get fined immediately if you break quarantine. I remember a few tourists from HK, they got fined 18k each (hk$) for doing so.

In contrast in hk you'll get 3 chances before they may or may not prosecute you. Screw that, for locals a hefty fine would immediately solve 99% of the quarantine breakers. So I'm all for stricter punishment.
    In Spain, people is being fined 1500€ for staying in the streets or even packing everything and the kids and tryign to move to the beach house. I think they should do that here too. Not many would be breaking quarantine.

In a positive piece of news, HK, and HKU Faculty of Medicine to be precise, is doing it's part to develop treatment to fight the coronavirus. Clinical trials are starting for antiviral drugs aiming at the coronavirus:

https://fightcovid19.hku.hk/hku-clin...ting-covid-19/

Last edited by Coolboy; 23-03-2020 at 12:03 PM.

What are the numbers for today?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast