Like Tree232Likes

Ban on Alcohol Sales @ Licensed Premises - Proposed or Happening?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You must have boring friends if you can only spend hours with them when alcohol is involved. Literally no difference between having a beer or lunch with friends. Or just lunch vs a beer with lunch.
    I am teetotal. Most of my friends are teetotal... I also have some 'boring friends' who are alcoholics, drink between 4 and 8 pints of beer every night over several hours. I seldom see the drinkers because that is mostly what they do in their leisure time.

The Gold Coast bars are full of red-nosed Brits. every evening supping pint after pint... all of them alcoholics, though none of them would admit it, and none wearing masks.

Those of you who drink responsibly, if I were you I'd blame the British beer swillers who have openly been giving a big FU to the local population. Sorry those of you who enjoy a wine at lunch got caught up and are now suffering the 'government overreach!'... meanwhile, a pal in France to day told me how the police stopped her to check she had a permit to be out of her house to go to the supermarket... it's a tough life eh?
    AsianXpat0, Skyhook and Flapster like this.

After hearing about these alarming intimate moments at LKF after consuming Belgian beer, Belgium springs into action!

Belgium Health minister has put a ban on all sexual activities of three people or more after a coronavirus party last week turned into a 500-participant orgy and ended with 380 cases of contamination.

“Wife swapping, threesomes, and orgies of six, fifty, one hundred or more are not permitted until the outbreak settles down,” she announced in Parliament.

Health minister De Block did not ban single or two-person sexual practices such as masturbation, anal or oral sex, or even bestiality.
    https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/bel...-indoor-areas/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    It's obvious:

1.) You have to eat, you don't have to drink. Eat, 20 minutes, done.

2.) Drinking, you don't have to drink. Spend several hours with masks off in close contact talking.

There is no suck thing as zero risk, but it's pretty clear to anyone with common sense which of the above is riskier...
    No surprise this Uncle Tom is lapping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    I am teetotal. Most of my friends are teetotal... I also have some 'boring friends' who are alcoholics, drink between 4 and 8 pints of beer every night over several hours. I seldom see the drinkers because that is mostly what they do in their leisure time.

The Gold Coast bars are full of red-nosed Brits. every evening supping pint after pint... all of them alcoholics, though none of them would admit it, and none wearing masks.

Those of you who drink responsibly, if I were you I'd blame the British beer swillers who have openly been giving a big FU to the local population. Sorry those of you who enjoy a wine at lunch got caught up and are now suffering the 'government overreach!'... meanwhile, a pal in France to day told me how the police stopped her to check she had a permit to be out of her house to go to the supermarket... it's a tough life eh?
    No need to go on a rant about people who like to do other things than you do. Everyone has their own pastime.

Regarding the people at a bar not wearing a mask. Have you tried drinking with a mask on?
    Do you eat with a mask on?

For the rest I agree with @mrgoodkat. I don’t see a difference.
    Other countries who have closed bars closed also restaurants except for take out.
    shri and Natfixit like this.

Sorry to be confused, I couldn't find the link to the English language broadcast in time- so it's ONLY the alcohol part, we are not switching to restaurants as takeaway only? Need to figure out if I need to start bringing lunch...I grab a quick lunch out at work, rarely there more than 10 minutes (yeah, enough to get coronavirus, I do get it). I do agree that it seems silly to just ban drinking and not eating- plenty of places to eat outside in this weather for takeaway or eat at your desk. Guess people drinking "Virgin Mary" rather than "Bloody Mary" plus lots of Coca Cola and such. People will still gather unless you shut them down entirely...by switching to takeout mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Sorry to be confused, I couldn't find the link to the English language broadcast in time- so it's ONLY the alcohol part, we are not switching to restaurants as takeaway only? Need to figure out if I need to start bringing lunch...I grab a quick lunch out at work, rarely there more than 10 minutes (yeah, enough to get coronavirus, I do get it). I do agree that it seems silly to just ban drinking and not eating- plenty of places to eat outside in this weather for takeaway or eat at your desk. Guess people drinking "Virgin Mary" rather than "Bloody Mary" plus lots of Coca Cola and such. People will still gather unless you shut them down entirely...by switching to takeout mode.
    Saw an email from a restaurant in Central saying they are shutting down to support the govt call. I figure some places will use this as an excuse to shut down and not pay staff and save on some operations costs.

Everything is self regulated at the moment. No new laws have been enacted... Just proposed.

Don't she will get any functional constituency support for the F&B laws.
    MABinPengChau and kimwy66 like this.

I think my local Fairwood will stay open to the bitter end. Already was a model of social isolation before coronavirus with mostly solo diners in my work neighborhood. No need to stay and enjoy the rich ambiance.

On Fridays my coworkers get brave and come to lunch with me at non-Fairwood destinations. But for lonely eating, Fairwood for the win. They actually have a fair number of not-all-that fattening lunches like baked chicken breast with no skin and such. Hard to find food not swimming in oil...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    After hearing about these alarming intimate moments at LKF after consuming Belgian beer, Belgium springs into action!

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/bel...-indoor-areas/
    LOL...you only need to see the rest of the headlines of that website to know it's a "news of the world" bullshit website. Like "my son is a vampire" newspapers from the old times.

EDIT:

Name:  world_news_daily.png
Views: 354
Size:  158.5 KB

...I rest my case
    Gatts and sallecc like this.

Should've started the european way and restrict the number of people in a restaurant/bar to ensure people keep at least 1 metre apart. The plexiglass dividers on tables should be generalised, especially at McDonalds, Fairwood, Cafe De Coral... especially since strangers share tables during busy hours.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You missed the #intimatemoments bit ... she said that people have intimate moments after drinking in bars.
    Oh. My. God. Someone needs to tap her on the shoulder and tell her that being in the "you can't make this shit up" category is not an achievement to be proud of.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast