Like Tree4Likes

Palliative care capacity for Covid 19

Closed Thread

Palliative care capacity for Covid 19

Has HK geared up enough resources to allow the potentially 10's of thousands to die with some degree of palliative care?

Flattening the curve is not really about reducing the number of infections (& deaths) but allowing health systems to cope.

https://www.uab.edu/news/images/2018...f-COVID-19.jpg

Perhaps the peak could be higher with more money thrown at palliative care needs.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Has HK geared up enough resources to allow the potentially 10's of thousands to die with some degree of palliative care?

Flattening the curve is not really about reducing the number of infections (& deaths) but allowing health systems to cope.

https://www.uab.edu/news/images/2018...f-COVID-19.jpg

Perhaps the peak could be higher with more money thrown at palliative care needs.
    Am I understanding you correctly? That those who would prefer them not to fight at all costs to save their life but rather to provide palliative care that minimised suffering should be given the care they want? If so I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Am I understanding you correctly? That those who would prefer them not to fight at all costs to save their life but rather to provide palliative care that minimised suffering should be given the care they want? If so I agree with you.
    I think the bigger challenge will be changing the focus to palliative care when this is usually at a relatively stable with most health care focused recovery.

Original Post Deleted
    That's around 1 million contracting the disease in the next couple of years. Let's hope not

Original Post Deleted
    As far as I am aware the HK Gov has not started drafting laws to commandeer private sector health care facilities but are looking at using empty blocks of flats.