Like Tree272Likes

Covid-19: March Week 4 Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Whatever the issue you can always find dissenting views if you search hard enough. How many medical professionals are out there? How many of these dissenters originally said it was all an overreaction and now are desperately trying to defend their professional credibility. Your arguments have been proven wrong just let it go.
    I'm.not making any arguments. I'm reading and thinking and sharing both. Plenty of people on here say "China is lying". They also say "freedom.of speech is essential in China". Doesn't the same apply to HK? If we all think the same we are all guilty of being in an echo chamber.

I agree with lockdowns and restrictions to get this under control. But only to give us data and options. The next steps need to be considered. So far the only person in power saying anything interesting on that is the NY Governor talking about testing for antibodies so that people who have had it can get back to work. That was a good starting point (obviously they need to get a test first) but at least it seems to be the start of a science based strategy to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    ]So far the only person in power saying anything interesting on that is the NY Governor talking about testing for antibodies so that people who have had it can get back to work. That was a good starting point (obviously they need to get a test first) but at least it seems to be the start of a science based strategy to move forward.
    Several countries are going to do that - Germany, UK are the ones I know of, tests developed and will proceed. Sth Korea has done this with antibody tests. It takes time to ramp up anything to a global scale.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Doessn't look like the US curve will flatten any time soon, Mr Trump...
    https://uk.tradingview.com/symbols/COVID19-CONFIRMED_US/

Original Post Deleted
    true, I am sure that once a vaccine is created, a group of anti-vaccine idiots will emerge soon after

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    true, I am sure that once a vaccine is created, a group of anti-vaccine idiots will emerge soon after
    They are already here. Mostly spending their time protesting mandatory lockdown measures, because once the government has the power they are going to use it to tie everyone up and inject us full of aluminium obvs. Once the vaccine arrives it'll be wall-to-wall idiots.
    JAherbert likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    www.cnn.com/travel/amp/cruise-safety-coronavirus/index.html

www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/cruise-ships-kept-sailing-as-coronavirus-spread-travelers-and-health-experts-question-why/%3famp=

#justtheflu, #itcanthappenhere, and the usual tendency to underreact to what people perceive as a distant threat. CNN and BBC among the mainstream organisations that fell down on this one in my opinion, and that’s reflected in their country’s responses.

Obviously the cruise lines have no incentive to cancel, and on the part of the passengers what I previously saw was that they didn’t feel able to get compensation, and wanted to proceed for their holiday.
    coffee_break and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    Already read one - don't take the vaccine when it is developed it is not safe
    JAherbert likes this.

oops the real reason for missing PPE, Jeremy Hunt, they never stocked any googles/faceshields

(another idiot overruling judging medical advice)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-owing-to-cost

Coolboy likes this.

Hongkonger didnt wait for the lazy ass government to act, for imported cases society cant control that, the government can ignore it, and then healthcare staff will be in tears unable to treat people

https://twitter.com/Grace4NY/status/1243590011930451973

The percentage of deaths in closed cases fell to 6% but has been increasing day by day. Now at 17%

Name:  Screenshot_20200328-180839.png
Views: 390
Size:  72.8 KB

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast