View Poll Results: Will there be a lock-down in HK?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!

11 25.00%
  • Yes, but not as strict as the UK (aka, with HK characteristics)

25 56.82%
  • Yes. It has to happen.

8 18.18%
Like Tree100Likes

Will there be a UK style lock-down in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    It's fine, they are getting paid in the monopoly money we call Pounds Sterling anyway
    Not sure why you're so down on GBP; the fact that it's able to float freely when it needs to (unlike, for example, the current Italian currency) is a huge advantage for the UK's economy.
    I guess, unlike most HK residents who hold and/or are paid in HKD - and are therefore benefitting - you've been negatively affected somehow by the current FX rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    Not sure why you're so down on GBP; the fact that it's able to float freely when it needs to (unlike, for example, the current Italian currency) is a huge advantage for the UK's economy.
    I guess, unlike most HK residents who hold and/or are paid in HKD - and are therefore benefitting - you've been negatively affected somehow by the current FX rate?
    I'm with George. My pension is in monopoly money and has gone over time from 95 Philippine Peso to 59 last week. I am all for free floating but it would be nice if it floated sometimes rather than sank.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I'm with George. My pension is in monopoly money and has gone over time from 95 Philippine Peso to 59 last week. I am all for free floating but it would be nice if it floated sometimes rather than sank.
    95? When was that?!
    Average for the last 10 years is around 67. Right now is 62.8...
    Last edited by Tyresmoke; 31-03-2020 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Added numbers

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I am all for free floating but it would be nice if it floated sometimes rather than sank.
    Someone said once that no currencies float - they all just sink at different rates

That was before infinite QE though I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    95? When was that?!
    Average for the last 10 years is around 67. Right now is 62.8...
    2005 or 2006

Surprised they didn't crack out the trusty "Accessing a Computer system with Dishonest Intent"

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7