Like Tree29Likes

Covid-19: 03/27 (Fri) - Hong Kong News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis
    Regardless of the reasons, it's complete BS to close recreational facilities that promote health and that have not caused clusters while letting restaurants/bars/nightclubs operate freely when so many cases directly came from those activities. Illogical, unfair to some businesses and inconsistent messaging... Par for the course for the government.
    The closure of running tracks and badminton courts smacked of wanting to be seen to be doing something. Doubt it reduced the number of cases by one. Shame, as these places are the lifeblood of the local exercise scene and a gem in HK people's (brilliant) approach to recreation.

Libraries, on the fence. Think they could have allowed the reservation and collection of books, maybe developed the app to provide time slots and reduce crowds further. Understand why they wanted to close reading rooms for newspapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72
    The closure of running tracks and badminton courts smacked of wanting to be seen to be doing something. Doubt it reduced the number of cases by one. Shame, as these places are the lifeblood of the local exercise scene and a gem in HK people's (brilliant) approach to recreation.

Libraries, on the fence. Think they could have allowed the reservation and collection of books, maybe developed the app to provide time slots and reduce crowds further. Understand why they wanted to close reading rooms for newspapers.
    I agree, I have no issues with closures if it's consistent across the board but otherwise, it's easy enough to mitigate risks with time slots, limiting times and number of people. If we are going to live with this for a while, let's make it viable. Every business should normally have a license for a number of people, cut it by half, shorten opening hours, have booking slots. Yes it's troublesome and more complicated but it's better than full lockdown and it can work for a longer term. If not, then go full lockdown for a short term in the hope to return to a more normal life sooner. This haphazard approach reeks of incompetence, corruption and thoughtlessness. Again, I know it's par for the course for the government but we can only hope that somewhere, somehow there's a slightly brighter bulb that might come on.
    Kowloon72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72
    Why did they close the new automated self serve libraries. What a positive spin for HK it could of been. Still allowing the needy to access books with minimal risk.

Name:  P2020011400291_photo_1170548t.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  109.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis
    I agree, I have no issues with closures if it's consistent across the board but otherwise, it's easy enough to mitigate risks with time slots, limiting times and number of people. If we are going to live with this for a while, let's make it viable. Every business should normally have a license fFulor a number of people, cut it by half, shorten opening hours, have booking slots. Yes it's troublesome and more complicated but it's better than full lockdown and it can work for a longer term. If not, then go full lockdown for a short term in the hope to return to a more normal life sooner. This haphazard approach reeks of incompetence, corruption and thoughtlessness. Again, I know it's par for the course for the government but we can only hope that somewhere, somehow there's a slightly brighter bulb that might come on.
    There are many ways to do this to reduce a large outbreak. Clearly that is not the intention of the executive branch. They do have palliative care flats ready to go - no extra ventilators though.

They may have the balance right but we will have to wait and see. What ever a government does in a scenario like there will be hindsight to say they should of done it differently.

Doing nothing with large social gatherings does seem little wrong at this stage.

apparently we are running out of eggs soon

Looks like china is shutting down entry for foreigners. Does anyone know if this will apply to HK residents that have not traveled outside of HK/Macau/Taiwan/China in the past 14 days?

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy
    Looks like china is shutting down entry for foreigners. Does anyone know if this will apply to HK residents that have not traveled outside of HK/Macau/Taiwan/China in the past 14 days?
    The initial report I'm seeing ...

"All travellers nd transit passengers from overseas "including HK, Macau and Taiwan" must go through testing + pay for 14 day quarantine"

Have not seen the official or properly translated news / alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by shri

"All travellers nd transit passengers from overseas "including HK, Macau and Taiwan" must go through testing + pay for 14 day quarantine"

Looks like no trips to the Shenzhen office, or Beijing or Shanghai for that matter, in the near future :/

Quote Originally Posted by shri

I’m ok with that as long as HK does the same with them. Yesterday some people were saying trains/planes to HK are fully booked already for when they end the lockdown. But haven’t seen anything official and not sure if there are any trains/planes coming from China anyway let alone they were already able to book them...
    Anyone got any news on this?

65 new today... :-(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast