View Poll Results: Are you scared of domestic terrorist bombs?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at all

    29 60.42%
  • No but as the State takes more freedom away it may happen

    4 8.33%
  • No but other violence does scare me

    1 2.08%
  • Yes, these domestic terrorist are dangerous

    6 12.50%
  • More scared of the PLA or PAP

    11 22.92%
  • Enuf with these questions

    8 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree156Likes

Are you scared of bombs in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18
  1. #171

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Where does it state Total amnesty?
    [QUOTE]

    Here. I don't see any caveats or asterisks saying all protesters before date X.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBqZVYeUEAAEUge.jpg

  2. #172

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    17,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchesterhope
    I agree it does does not say a Total Amnesty there is not caveat stating it must include ALL protesters. Most would probably agree it is not rational to assume it does.
    Gatts and MatthieuTofu like this.

  3. #173

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    Not the slightest embarrassment at using a July 1st count for a June 16th estimate, nor even an acknowledgement. How you expect anyone to take you seriously I can’t even imagine.
    Why would I be embarrassed?
    You lied about 2 million people.
    You also lied about the second one where another count was made with 2 count locations.

    The numbers clearly did not match up to your claims. If you have a better count with better evidence note evidence then show it.


    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    You didn’t say the words “Silent Majority”, but the context was my asking your point of disputing the estimate in the first place.
    I dispute it because you have not come up with reliable numbers yourself. I've posted studies linked to it. You've posted COZ I sez so. And shit a couple of posters saw fit to threaten me too.

    I thought you were 100% peaceful! Why would you threaten if your peaceful?

    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    Clearly it didn’t matter, and the point was simply to deflect, which you have done again by accusing me of putting words in your mouth, when that was precisely what you are doing.
    Ah another lie. I haven't said anything about a silent majority you're the one who said it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    I can see why you think the police can do no wrong then, as you can wheel out one person’s crime to cast doubt on everyone else.
    Guess what? I never said that. I said all people. While you keep twisting my words to say forgiveness to police where did I say that? I said ALL bad people. Yet something wrong with your brain means you see it as forgive all cops prosecute all protesters. You fail your DSE or something?

    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    I haven’t waved those flags, and I imagine if people did, they waved it for the idealised values not because they imagine it’s paradise. You appear to compulsively enjoy attacking strawmen of your own construction, it’s too bad most of us can see through it and won’t take it as the serious argument you want to pretend it to be
    .

    Really? So you're casting doubt on if they waved the flags at all? You think I don't have eyes?

    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...tish-when-they

    Plus idealised values? What the bugger do they know about those places? Take Johnson for instance Al Johnson not Boris and his made up comical persona. He wasn't voted in directly he was voted in by Tory members 92000 people voted him in not the public his own party did. Trump was the same. He was put in by the electoral college there was no direct selection. If the places you wave flags of act in a worse way than HK then why are you waving them? If you wave them and don't know about it then it's complete ignorance of what its really like.

    Look at how many attacks there have been in the UK and US against anybody East Asian looking. You think no no I'm a Hong Konger is any sort of shield? You think the average chav or redneck can tell the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    At main, I don’t deny your experience, the negative effects you suffered during the protests and your perspective as an overseas Chinese, but your sources of information I suspect are those that align with your worldview and your arguments are specious at best, and deliberately malign at worst.

    The lack of intellectual honesty means it’s very hard to continue to engage you. Good luck with Fight Club.
    Oh any excuse. Yet you won't call out any dishonesty of your own side will you? Look at 3-4 posters here. I say anything against you and WUMAO!!!! Some have even made veiled threats.

    But you won't call them out will you?

    If you accuse me of intellectual dishonesty then you have to hold similar standards yourself otherwise you look like hypocrites.

  4. #174

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    I agree it does does not say a Total Amnesty there is not caveat stating it must include ALL protesters. Most would probably agree it is not rational to assume it does.
    You would be completely correct except here's the thing it was clarified.


    https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/co...he_protestors/


    1. 徹底撤回逃犯條例
    2. 撤回612暴動定性
    3. 必不追究反送中抗爭者
    4. 成立獨立委員會,徹查警方濫權濫暴 包括612暴力清場、721警黑合流、811血 鎮壓
    5. 全面落實雙真普選



    All 5 demands must be met, no less.


    1. The complete withdrawal of the proposed extradition bill

    2. The government to withdraw the use of the word "riot" in relation to the protest on 6.12.

    3. The unconditional release of arrested protestors and charges against them dropped.

    4. An independent inquiry into police behaviour, including violent dispersing methods on 6.12, collaboration with triads on 7.21, and police brutality on 8.11.

    5. Implementation of genuine universal suffrage.



    Check it out only 2 and 4 had specific dates attached. Number 3 does not have any specific dates attached.

    It was also reiterated in March without those dates.

    Therefore because number 3 does not include specific dates before a certain point and the others do include specific dates we can safely assume 3 means ALL up to the latest date the demands were made which is 1st January 2020 by that politician's twitter.

  5. #175

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    84

    Anyway toodles.

    TVB movie is on...FFS it's blackhawk down :/


  6. #176

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    17,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchesterhope
    You would be completely correct except here's the thing it was clarified.




    Check it out only 2 and 4 had specific dates attached. Number 3 does not have any specific dates attached.

    It was also reiterated in March without those dates.

    Therefore because number 3 does not include specific dates before a certain point and the others do include specific dates we can safely assume 3 means ALL up to the latest date the demands were made which is 1st January 2020 by that politician's twitter.
    Oh dear. That is just a re-post from Reddit 8 months ago of a variant of demands made just after June 12th.

    So you still wilfully ignore the vast majority of opinions and posts. Why?

    Why do you believe they are absolute when I have not heard a single politician or civic leader say they are. 'Reddit' - Chuckle
    Last edited by East_coast; 11-04-2020 at 11:10 PM.