Like Tree109Likes

Covid-19: 03/28 - 65 Cases + "Mandatory Social Distancing" measures

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    First of all, I have never said that gym should stay open and bars be closed. All I have said is that it should be consistent as it is in many countries. Close all or open all with similar restrictions. Instead of an insignificant post, I would love for you to explain why a bowling alley(no cases reported as far as I know) where people could be restricted to gatherings of 4 or less keeping a distance of 1.5m should be closed and bars where 80% of recent local cases have come from should remain open. Let's see a plausible argument instead of childish stuff.
    This is correct tbf. No reason why the same restricitons on bars and restaurants couldn't be applied to most of the places they've decided to close completely. Even parks. When I went to the running track last week they had staff counting people coming in and out to restrict numbers. Could do that in plenty of parks. Could tape up every other exercise machine to ensure social distancing. Same with benches.
    Jackie1 and Eva C like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    First of all, I have never said that gym should stay open and bars be closed. All I have said is that it should be consistent as it is in many countries. Close all or open all with similar restrictions. Instead of an insignificant post, I would love for you to explain why a bowling alley(no cases reported as far as I know) where people could be restricted to gatherings of 4 or less keeping a distance of 1.5m should be closed and bars where 80% of recent local cases have come from should remain open. Let's see a plausible argument instead of childish stuff.
    The owners of bowling alleys have not been loyal Legco members for 20+ years would seem to be the obvious answer.

https://www.legco.gov.hk/general/eng...r16-20/cyy.htm

So, wbt queues in a grocery shopping? Should there be a 1.5 m distance between each shopper?

Closure of gyms and wedding venues - wbt hair salons? I should think those are non-essentials too, and in fact, they too, could equally play a significant role in spreading the virus.

So what's the up to date announcements and actual implementations of any relief measures for industries and real people that are now out of work? Part time employees, workers asked to take non paid leave, SMEs, etc? If the government is forcing closures, will there be any relief packages or employment insurance schemes?

I see there is this: https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ckage-revealed

but it seems like there are a lot of left out industries like services or contractors. What about the actual employees?

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    So what's the up to date announcements and actual implementations of any relief measures for industries and real people that are now out of work? Part time employees, workers asked to take non paid leave, SMEs, etc? If the government is forcing closures, will there be any relief packages or employment insurance schemes?

but it seems like there are a lot of left out industries like services or contractors. What about the actual employees?
    Again, nothing for the one fucking industry that has been ordered shut by the government since February. Fuck this place.

. What about the actual employees?
    you must be new here

There is a new package being worked through. But don't get too optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Chuang added that the policewoman had limited close contacts
    There’s a surprise...

I can’t imagine restaurants/cafes with free seating like Starbucks, Pacific Coffee blocking half of the tables and making sure that the tables left are 1.5 metres apart. I think they’ll just close the dine in section.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I can’t imagine restaurants/cafes with free seating like Starbucks, Pacific Coffee blocking half of the tables and making sure that the tables left are 1.5 metres apart. I think they’ll just close the dine in section.
    Ditto the cha chaan tengs that do a lot of lunch trade by me (Sheung Wan office). Not sure if one of them that we go to is even 1.5 meters wide- seriously, maybe it's two meters wide at the widest point. They are just going to go over to take away or maybe just only the outdoor seating area.