Like Tree96Likes

Covid-19: 3/28 (Sat) Global News

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Scotland has designed a different approach and NHS staff report lack of PPE

HK has hundreds of empty schools that could have been used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgy3lsH044

HK_Katherine likes this.

I hate to mention the dreaded m word, but my city has announced the one person per household allowed out must wear a mask.

East_coast likes this.

Ppl leaving Hubei are barred from entering Jiangxi , by local police and citizens. And the two provinces’ police force fighting each other

Why is exponential growth difficult for the human brain to understand? As I said elsewhere I did a teaching session with my 11 and 13 year olds on it the other day and they easily grasped it. I used the "fold a 1mm thick piece of paper 38 times, how high would it be?"
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why is exponential growth difficult for the human brain to understand? As I said elsewhere I did a teaching session with my 11 and 13 year olds on it the other day and they easily grasped it. I used the "fold a 1mm thick piece of paper 38 times, how high would it be?"
    I think you need to understand the average USA today reader (written on about a 6th grade reading comprehension level)...there is a lot they don't understand like how to calculate a tip, file your tax return, make change from a dollar bill...math skills in the US are notoriously poor.

It feels incredible to me that an article like this is appearing today when the rest of us probably read something similar in late January related to Wuhan and then again related to Italy.... does nobody in the USA pay attention to the rest of the world that they need grade-school level explanations three months into this crisis?
    Jackie1 and Sage like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast