Like Tree178Likes

Covid-19: 03/29- 42 Cases Majority Linked to returnees from UK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Covid-19: 03/29- 42 Cases Majority Linked to returnees from UK

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0
    Tom007 likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

British numbers are surely massively undercounting cases if this many overseas students returning from the UK are testing positive with no or mild symptoms.

On a global level makes the possibility of containing it seem impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    British numbers are surely massively undercounting cases if this many overseas students returning from the UK are testing positive with no or mild symptoms.

On a global level makes the possibility of containing it seem impossible.
    On the positive side, these cases they're picking uo here are almost "freebies". Would have been almost undetectable otherwise. Will be interesting to see the numbers a few weeks from now.

How many of today's number were people tested at the airport in the past couple of days? (I.e. were straight into some form of quarantine and haven't infected others). If this many have it coming in, is it wise to send them home first? Better to keep everyone at the expo first for testing.

Edit: 29 returnees, 13 local infections
    Coolboy and HK_Katherine like this.

Many Hong Kong students say wearing masks in the UK can be stigmatized or even beaten

It is expected that UK will face an outbreak as severe as Italy's
    hannah01 and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    On the positive side, these cases they're picking uo here are almost "freebies". Would have been almost undetectable otherwise. Will be interesting to see the numbers a few weeks from now.

How many of today's number were people tested at the airport in the past couple of days? (I.e. were straight into some form of quarantine and haven't infected others). If this many have it coming in, is it wise to send them home first? Better to keep everyone at the expo first for testing.

Edit: 29 returnees, 13 local infections
    We got an update from our local councilor and the two in our area who tested positive yesterday were already on home quarantine.
    Elegiaque, Coolboy and hullexile like this.

7pm and the city has emptied, passengers on buses and trams are in single digits by my observations. Construction crews seem to have taken the opportunity to do roadworks smack bang in the middle of Queensway.
    It might just be the weather but it seems like we’re back to the end of January level of staying home, which is good.

Some photos of tables blocked off following the new regulations
    https://twitter.com/ezracheungtoto/s...475941891?s=21

and how the government does it’s thing
    https://twitter.com/ezracheungtoto/s...689031168?s=21

Last edited by MatthieuTofu; 28-03-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    MABinPengChau, Coolboy and Baklava like this.

Depression is creeping unto me as I hear from my friends (UK) - most of them junior doctors - of them being overworked. While the general public fight, panic and freak out for food and toilet papers, those unsung heroes barely have time to feed themselves a proper meal.

Mrs. Jones, TheBrit and shri like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thats actually the Big Tree bar on Knutsford Terrace. The cops looks more like checking people to see if they’re breaking self-quarantine, that area has been canvassed most nights this week.

Original Post Deleted
    And restaurant staff insist on checking cops’ temperature
    https://twitter.com/steve_dunthorne/...077237249?s=21

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast