Like Tree209Likes

COVID-19 - HK April Week 1

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8
    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/stat_20200330.html

I feel bad if you feel singled out. But I would also like to see how many generations of infections this karaoke cluster will generate, right now it is 5-7 people. Theoretically, if the servers and staff put on their masks, the infections will be limited to this karaoke and this room only. For the bar cluster which has more than 60 infected person, it includes the band, the bar's staff, managers, the band's family, 4-5 bars, and customers of several bars. I would really like to compare the karaoke cluster and bar cluster to see if masks will help stop the spread. People do get infected, but it's how far it spreads that matters.

Last edited by lijacq; 31-03-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Why are bars and karaokes still open and races still going on and tennis courts,gyms, golf courses, bowling alleys and cinema are not? That is an excellent question, it's either corruption or stupidity. Probably a mix of both.

As to people being selfish and stupid. Ask yourself why do people smoke, drink, drink and drive, take drugs, go on trips or take cruises in a crisis. Why do people choose to drive big polluting sports cars in a polluted crowded city? You can write a neverending list of selfish behaviors that we ALL do at one point or another and we find excuses for them. There's a moron that broke quarantine and when asked why, he said he was bored. It's human nature and most people at one time or another can't or won't control their impulses and everyone pays for it one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Will find the Chinese language source and post the link tomorrow...
    https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/202...00822_001.html

Original Post Deleted
    Because they are open for business. It doesn't matter what it is, if it's open, it's 100% certain that there will be people going. There are people that defy quarantine orders, you think that those kinds of people would refrain from going to businesses that are open?

It boggles my mind that some of you seem to think that because there's a virus or a crisis, everyone will suddenly grow a conscience and/or become selfless. I understand the frustration because it impacts all of us but I am not surprised one bit. The fault really is with the government with their haphazard policy. I understand that society has its fair share of idiots, that's expected. it's more disappointing when those that are supposedly in charge are either too corrupt or stupid to be at least consistent in their decision making

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8