Like Tree209Likes

COVID-19 - HK April Week 1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

COVID-19 - HK April Week 1

Starting off a new thread for the entire week, pretty sure daily threads aren’t needed anymore.

Among yesterday’s cases one of them was in my tower block. The entire place now smells of bleach. However management weren’t told by the government which floor or flat the person lived on/in...

Meanwhile WFH continues with our annoying neighbours upstairs taking the opportunity to renovate their flat.

Jackie1, timonoj, Tom007 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Spotted in The Guardian.

I guess in these times, case law and sentencing guidelines will take a back seat to emotional whatever...

https://twitter.com/deborahcornwall/...53452693917697

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Starting off a new thread for the entire week, pretty sure daily threads aren’t needed anymore.

Among yesterday’s cases one of them was in my tower block. The entire place now smells of bleach. However management weren’t told by the government which floor or flat the person lived on/in...

Meanwhile WFH continues with our annoying neighbours upstairs taking the opportunity to renovate their flat.
    so the government tells the building the there is a confirmed case? who do they tell in the building? and how?
    do they just send a physical paper note to a registered owner's association?

Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    so the government tells the building the there is a confirmed case? who do they tell in the building? and how?
    I think it is the CHP who notify management but give the same amount of details available to the rest of the public, so just the tower number. Then it is common for management to put up notices informing residents that there has been a case and that they are disinfecting all common areas of the building or something along those lines.
    gigglinggal and hongkong7 like this.

That would be by fax, this is HK...

I wonder if they do also notify the buildings of the quarantine cases too - the gov website that lists the buildings and quarantine cases is woefully out of date so maybe they don't notify buildings too.

The cases are published on the CHP website daily. If a building is affected the management is notified. In our place we got notices hung up in the lifts and lobby. The government will not inform anyone - not even building management - which individual flat the infected person lives in. However they do give the building and block/tower number.
    shri likes this.

Microbiologist Yuen Kwok-yung said he believes the public have recently started to become lax about personal hygiene, which has caused the situation to get out of control.
    Is this guy living in a parallel universe? The one I'm in, most of the new cases are imported by HKers fleeing Europe and North America.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast