Like Tree261Likes

Covid-19: April Week 1 Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

update from NY
    today all hospitals in New York state are getting re-organized to coordinate and share resources for handling patients, available beds, procurement, manpower, ventilators, etc. It seems they have no contingency plan for a disaster? FEMA should have thought of that?

The 1000 bed hospital ship and the new army hospital in NY will not take covid19 patients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA-nWVyZ74w

In case you want to make your own PPE suit.

Seriously though this has been shared across the Philippines for people to make for frontliners.

Name:  90507071_10157865354325202_8221517223676608512_n (1).jpg
Views: 297
Size:  47.8 KB

Tyresmoke and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:
    Why indeed. Somehow I'm not seeing the UN its founders visioned having P-R-friggin-C pulling the strings.

BBC: Why Taiwan has become a problem for WHO
    A random thought - they need to remove the veto powers of ALL countries in the security council.
    Cornmeal and hongkong7 like this.

There have been at least six arrests under the new law against fake news on covid19 leading to alarm.

These have been things like saying somebody was admitted to the local hospital and died when there was no such admission. Or that the husband of a mayor died of covid19 when he died a couple of weeks ago from cancer.

What motivates people to spread these stories?

Original Post Deleted
    As a political organisation may be. But I do think they do a lot of good too. Have seen some good trickle down into various underdeveloped parts of the world from that expensive, failing and rotten project - I would say there is a lot more than can be shut down before the UN gets de-funded.
    TheBrit, Cornmeal, Baklava and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There have been at least six arrests under the new law against fake news on covid19 leading to alarm.

These have been things like saying somebody was admitted to the local hospital and died when there was no such admission. Or that the husband of a mayor died of covid19 when he died a couple of weeks ago from cancer.

What motivates people to spread these stories?
    Likes....
    hullexile likes this.

Howabout some good news for a change. Try not to tear up while watching this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U

tljose and BCD like this.

Where was the UN on Somalia? Rwanda? Darfur? South Sudan? Myanmar for the Rohingya? Srebrenica? Xinjiang? You can go on forever
    Not going to engage in whereaboutery... BUT ... I'm sure they did not cease all operations.

Anyways - was just making a point that there is a LOT of good that does trickle down from the UN in terms of aid, education and other relief to poor countries.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    ATM we are still 620,000 deaths away from me being wrong :P
    Should we ever reach the annual flu death toll I will graciously admit defeat and change my tune from "It's not as bad as the flu" to "It's no worse than the flu"

I understand that youtube profits for this track/artist will be donated to a good cause (I can't read Italian or Chinese to determine if its fake or real)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5DhJS5hGWc

Coolboy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast