Like Tree98Likes

Covid-19: 04/01 (Wed) - Global News

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Well right now they are in port at Guam. I'm sure Guam would love to have 4000-5000 sick people right now.
    US Navy personal would naturally be accommodated in the huge US Navy Hospital in Guam.

Name:  znavy.jpeg
Views: 174
Size:  134.1 KB
    TheBrit, MABinPengChau and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I have been saying for years how shite the British Embassies are at helping Brits. A national disgrace.
    I'm from the continent and you wouldn't believe how helpful my embassy has been when I needed them. Seriously.

I realize it's also a numbers game and then there's the funding issues etc. but still.

Might be nothing, but as it happens, I haven't seen my compatriots calling for herd immunity approach either...

This crisis did not happen overnight, it's been developing for months with travel advisory warnings. If it's an unforeseeable catastrophe, then yes by all means, bail people out. People caught made a choice to take a risk and travel or to stay in the country. Granted that the scale of this crisis is unprecedented but I like what the HK government did(for once) in Peru. They arranged to get them out which is the right thing and the travelers foot the bill. That's what I call a good compromise.

HK_Katherine and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    This crisis did not happen overnight, it's been developing for months with travel advisory warnings. If it's an unforeseeable catastrophe, then yes by all means, bail people out. People caught made a choice to take a risk and travel or to stay in the country. Granted that the scale of this crisis is unprecedented but I like what the HK government did(for once) in Peru. They arranged to get them out which is the right thing and the travelers foot the bill. That's what I call a good compromise.
    You are probably right on the compromise, but what I am hearing from Brits, and from my experience years ago, is they just don't give a shit. "Sort yourself out". There are British nurses stuck in the Philippines who want to get back so they can help out saving lives, they say nobody from the Embassy in Manila has even bothered to return their calls.

HK_Katherine and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    US Navy personal would naturally be accommodated in the huge US Navy Hospital in Guam.

Am interview with Obama admin Sec of Navy.. First few mins are worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/uOtfChYnw80

Quote Originally Posted by emx:

According to my BIL who has spent time at that base it's not well equipped to deal with the numbers. Plus the additional risk of passing it on to the population for no good reason.

That sounds a high, too easy, threshold to get under. But excellent news all the same.

shri, hullexile and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Maybe related to the messe ups happening in Europe with some Chinese shipments.
    eIIe likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast