Like Tree88Likes

Covid-19: 04/02 (Thu) - Global News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

This just defies belief:

https://twitter.com/damon_pang/statu...26724030631937

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    I tried to read this article but my French isn't good enough.
    Who exactly did the Americans give their cash to on the airport tarmac?
    Surely not the seller (why would he be there?); so who took the cash?
    It doesn't mention specifics, simply that americans are at chinese airports trying to buy up supplies. If it were me, I'd bribe people to find out where they came from and then it's a simple phone call to seal the deal. This is corrupt China where money rules.
    Tyresmoke and Mrs. Jones like this.

No matter how much I appreciate a post, sometimes I just can't bring myself to press a button that says I *like* it.

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah, I think they fixed that on Facebook by some other choice so you don't have to "like" a friend's report that his dog died.
    But I do use it to mean "appreciate the effort to bring the content up," bear bile being probably the MOST vile of all the vile practices used in the BS side of TCM (there being legitimate parts of TCM with actual science behind them, but those are all related to plants, there is NOTHING in ANY animal part or extract that does anything for disease).
    AsianXpat0, spode and Mefisto like this.

Testing for immunity (i.e. having had it and being recovered) seen as the UK's "exit strategy" a bit like the news from Germany a few days ago.

As I said a while back, this is going to prompt some very strange incentives for those still huddling indoors and unable to go back to work or normal life. Covid parties, whether for kids(!) or low risk adults, are definitely going to become a thing once they start handing out immunity passes.

East_coast and Mr Chips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Yeah, I think they fixed that on Facebook by some other choice so you don't have to "like" a friend's report that his dog died.
    But I do use it to mean "appreciate the effort to bring the content up," bear bile being probably the MOST vile of all the vile practices used in the BS side of TCM (there being legitimate parts of TCM with actual science behind them, but those are all related to plants, there is NOTHING in ANY animal part or extract that does anything for disease).
    Exactly! So many posts here are vital info/comment but too sad/tragic/depressing to be "liked". I wish there are other button options such as "Thanks","True", "Sad", "Sigh", "RIP", "Oh", "OMG" or even a facepalm. It would be more meaningful under this circumstances. I am sure many of the posts for this virus topic would get dozens if not hundred of facepalms.

I don't think we have ever before seen in any other topic on this forum as many facepalms as we have had under this virus topic. Also, same for the "f" word.
    kimwy66 and chingleutsch like this.

US Unemployment Claims: 6.6 Million (this on top of more than 3 million last week).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...euro-ftse-100/

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    US Unemployment Claims: 6.6 Million (this on top of more than 3 million last week).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...euro-ftse-100/
    Holy fuck

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Holy fuck

Oh yeah, taxes gonna be going WAY up to pay for all this...gonna be digging out of this hole for years to come.