Like Tree88Likes

Covid-19: 04/03 (Fri) - Bars Closed from 6PM

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

@shri would it be possible to unsticky the locked threads? Thanks

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I suspect this is not the time to be f'ing around with loopholes atleast in terms of social responsibility.

I must say though, I overestimated the hold the triads and the functional constituencies have on the govt - left to be seen how the ban is enforced though.
    I've already heard from a couple of whatsapp groups of places that intend to keep serving after 6pm tonight. The two places mentioned do sell food tbf, but they couldn't remotely be considered a restaurant in the way a Beerliner (they still going?) or King Ludwig might.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I must say though, I overestimated the hold the triads and the functional constituencies have on the govt - left to be seen how the ban is enforced though.
    Have you not read any articles about the malfunctioning of LegCo in the last 10 years? These rotten boroughs being given slops of cash for the last 20 years.

Surely you Triads and the Police rather than the government. And the Police's hold over Government.

https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2020/04/...93555_501.html
    Last edited by East_coast; 03-04-2020 at 02:19 PM.

I don't understand, it makes no sense, close all the clubs, like HK country club, Yacht club, etc. and the rules allow them to open. But these clubs have bars / kiosks / areas serving alcohol ???

beauty salons - late reaction (again) now there are cases at beauty salons I guess they will be ordered to close after the horse has bolted
    one of the Italian mayor's was on video, screaming you don't need a nice hairstyle the casket will be closed

Wondering who, if anyone, is advised the Government? seriously, must be a schizophrenic, the advice form government does not match the medical advice promoted by doctors on the news????

carrie lam will never give in to the demands of hong kong people. all her current actions are still inline with beijing's protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman
    carrie lam will never give in to the demands of hong kong people. all her current actions are still inline with beijing's protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    I don't understand, it makes no sense, close all the clubs, like HK country club, Yacht club, etc. and the rules allow them to open. But these clubs have bars / kiosks / areas serving alcohol ???

beauty salons - late reaction (again) now there are cases at beauty salons I guess they will be ordered to close after the horse has bolted
    one of the Italian mayor's was on video, screaming you don't need a nice hairstyle the casket will be closed

Wondering who, if anyone, is advised the Government? seriously, must be a schizophrenic, the advice form government does not match the medical advice promoted by doctors on the news????

speaking for the jockey club, the bar areas, soft play areas, tennis courts etc have closed and only the restaurant areas remain. In these restaurant areas, no more than 4 to a table are allowed, and there is a lot of space between tables. all serving staff wear masks, and chefs also wear gloves...seemed OTT a month ago but....

Bars closed... Please stay off alcohol and continue here...

https://geoexpat.com/forum/newpostinthread356237.html

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4