Like Tree156Likes

Covid-19: 04/03 (Fri) - Global News

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by sv336
    I beg to differ. I firmly believe the US political system is the most robust and is the one that will take humanity into the next phase. Focus on freedom of opinions and actions, within the law, is what we all need. Some here, of course, think that the Chinese system or the so called EU democracies are the model.
    Aren't only 16% of seats in the up and coming elections for the House contestable? Money is a main factor on presidential bids with a Primary system designed for the time when the Pony Express conveyed results.

Democracy in the USA is not functioning so well.

As I have 2 sisters that live on the North Island of New Zealand ( Tauranga ), so I get their news feeds on my FB. I feel sorry for the many businesses that are being wiped out because of the non essential biz laws that are also affecting friends of mine here in Queensland. 2 sets of our friends who were involved in the F & B sector, one who had owned Indian restaurants for decades has closed up for good and the niece of my bestie that I have known since I was a kid, she is closing her Kebab shop which only opened December 2019 !

It's sad to see so many everyday people be so badly displaced by this whole COVID-19 affair.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...UAZWwLjXsdjH8s

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Aren't only 16% of seats in the up and coming elections for the House contestable? Money is a main factor on presidential bids with a Primary system designed for the time when the Pony Express conveyed results.

Democracy in the USA is not functioning so well.
    By mentioning the Pony Express - are you saying the system is too old to be any good or too young to be any good?

Quote Originally Posted by sv336
    By mentioning the Pony Express - are you saying the system is too old to be any good or too young to be any good?
    It is a 'clunky' and long winded process that rewards populism.

Lockdown in the Philippines is almost certain to be extended by two weeks. In favour: medical groups, business groups, politicians, and an online poll showing 75% of the people surveyed. There is a meeting tomorrow to put forward the recommended decision but can't see it going any other way.

Uttar Pradesh - India lockdown extended to April 30th.

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/...ry/400211.html

Telangana Chief Minister extends lock down to June 3

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1247171774371860480

Last edited by chuckster007; 06-04-2020 at 10:54 PM.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    As I have 2 sisters that live on the North Island of New Zealand ( Tauranga ), so I get their news feeds on my FB. I feel sorry for the many businesses that are being wiped out because of the non essential biz laws that are also affecting friends of mine here in Queensland. 2 sets of our friends who were involved in the F & B sector, one who had owned Indian restaurants for decades has closed up for good and the niece of my bestie that I have known since I was a kid, she is closing her Kebab shop which only opened December 2019 !

It's sad to see so many everyday people be so badly displaced by this whole COVID-19 affair.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...UAZWwLjXsdjH8s
    Particularly given the very low incidence of the virus in NZ which could surely have used somewhat less invasive strategies to control it.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Particularly given the very low incidence of the virus in NZ which could surely have used somewhat less invasive strategies to control it.
    That approach, the UK approach, can be viewed as waiting until it is beyond control before trying to control it.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quarantine, with American characteristics.

People out enjoying Central Park in Manhattan, despite New York City posting numbers worse than Wuhan itself. Yeah, this is gonna work out great!

https://people.com/travel/central-pa...orders-in-nyc/

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 07-04-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14