Like Tree119Likes

Covid-19: 04/4-5 (Fri/Sat) HK News and Discussions

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Greghouse:
    Another popo gets the virus, clap clap.
    Members of a police tactical unit team have been told to work from home? lol how does the PTU work from home exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    Members of a police tactical unit team have been told to work from home? lol how does the PTU work from home exactly?
    Either they arrest/ beat up people at home, or it’s basically paid leave to do nothing, and at the levels they get paid, even more disgusting.
    MatthieuTofu and timonoj like this.

Hope it does not involve getting tactical on family members.
    Kowloon72 likes this.

Domestic violence.

Yes, and some people are still taking trips aboard, the CHP list is quite detailed, it shows

case 808 a guy travelled to UK, 13 - 22 March;
    case 814 a woman travelled to US, 1-31 March;
    case 823 a guy travelled to US , 29 February - 30 March

risk your own life is fine, but there are risking the lives of 1000's of people, I fcuking hope those travellers were taking those trips for life or death reasons

edit: here is updated list of cases
    https://gia.info.gov.hk/general/2020...5928468335.pdf
    If they arrive they go into isolation. No risk to anyone. People travel for many reasons and if it's important to them who are we to complain?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    if it's important to them who are we to complain?
    We are GeoExpat. We have the ultimate say in all things moral.
    HK_Katherine and Kowloon72 like this.

If they arrive they go into isolation. No risk to anyone. People travel for many reasons and if it's important to them who are we to complain?
    And there is absolutely no risk with them getting from the airport to home and absolutely no risk once they are at home. If their travels killed my loved one I think I would have reason to complain.

The more you stick to your insane defence of your position the more stupid you appear to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And there is absolutely no risk with them getting from the airport to home and absolutely no risk once they are at home. If their travels killed my loved one I think I would have reason to complain.

The more you stick to your insane defence of your position the more stupid you appear to everyone.
    Reported recently that Cathay was carrying about 500 people a day. Air NZ around 150. These are trivially small numbers in the scheme of things. I can think of many reasons why I might get on a plane to the UK right now if I needed to - bearing in mind 14 days quarantine at both ends meaning it's a month long trip minimum - my Mum getting sick, for example. Moving house if you have already set it up to move and sold at one end, purchased at the other etc etc. To go start a new job (particularly given the economic downturn). There is no need to expose yourself to anyone else with all these quarantines etc. A taxi driver who does not want to take any risks does not need to cover the airport. Anyone breaking home quarantine should be penalised, so just "assuming" all travellers are going to breach the rules is just unfair on those people. Even back in the 1800's when travel was longer, harder and more expensive than today, people still travelled. If society wants zero international travel, then they need to ban flights. If that has not happened, then within the rules that exist, people are - and should be - still free to make their own decisions.
    Kowloon72 and East_coast like this.

Reported recently that Cathay was carrying about 500 people a day. Air NZ around 150. These are trivially small numbers in the scheme of things. I can think of many reasons why I might get on a plane to the UK right now if I needed to - bearing in mind 14 days quarantine at both ends meaning it's a month long trip minimum - my Mum getting sick, for example. Moving house if you have already set it up to move and sold at one end, purchased at the other etc etc. To go start a new job (particularly given the economic downturn). There is no need to expose yourself to anyone else with all these quarantines etc. A taxi driver who does not want to take any risks does not need to cover the airport. Anyone breaking home quarantine should be penalised, so just "assuming" all travellers are going to breach the rules is just unfair on those people. Even back in the 1800's when travel was longer, harder and more expensive than today, people still travelled. If society wants zero international travel, then they need to ban flights. If that has not happened, then within the rules that exist, people are - and should be - still free to make their own decisions.
    And I repeat what I said in my last post except you just reinforced it.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    About a 1000 per day. Considering the proportion of confirmed cases coming from the UK on a daily basis, it's obvious the number of infected patients in the UK is way higher than the official count.

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/stat_20200403.html
    1 in 15 some for London some newspapers are suggesting.

From UK Gov.
    Number of cases and deaths
    As of 9am on 3 April 2020, 173,784 people have been tested, of which 38,168 were confirmed positive.
    As of 5pm on 2 April 2020, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 3,605 have died.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast