Like Tree119Likes

Covid-19: 04/4-5 (Fri/Sat) HK News and Discussions

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    Reported recently that Cathay was carrying about 500 people a day. Air NZ around 150. These are trivially small numbers in the scheme of things. I can think of many reasons why I might get on a plane to the UK right now if I needed to - bearing in mind 14 days quarantine at both ends meaning it's a month long trip minimum - my Mum getting sick, for example. Moving house if you have already set it up to move and sold at one end, purchased at the other etc etc. To go start a new job (particularly given the economic downturn). There is no need to expose yourself to anyone else with all these quarantines etc. A taxi driver who does not want to take any risks does not need to cover the airport. Anyone breaking home quarantine should be penalised, so just "assuming" all travellers are going to breach the rules is just unfair on those people. Even back in the 1800's when travel was longer, harder and more expensive than today, people still travelled. If society wants zero international travel, then they need to ban flights. If that has not happened, then within the rules that exist, people are - and should be - still free to make their own decisions.
    And I repeat what I said in my last post except you just reinforced it.

Quote Original Post:
    About a 1000 per day. Considering the proportion of confirmed cases coming from the UK on a daily basis, it's obvious the number of infected patients in the UK is way higher than the official count.

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/stat_20200403.html
    1 in 15 some for London some newspapers are suggesting.

From UK Gov.
    Number of cases and deaths
    As of 9am on 3 April 2020, 173,784 people have been tested, of which 38,168 were confirmed positive.
    As of 5pm on 2 April 2020, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 3,605 have died.

Quote Original Post:
    Another popo gets the virus, clap clap.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20200404.htm
    Ghoul.

Quote Original Post:
    If they arrive they go into isolation. No risk to anyone. People travel for many reasons and if it's important to them who are we to complain?
    Kindling.

Quote Original Post:
    Reported recently that Cathay was carrying about 500 people a day. Air NZ around 150. These are trivially small numbers in the scheme of things. I can think of many reasons why I might get on a plane to the UK right now if I needed to - bearing in mind 14 days quarantine at both ends meaning it's a month long trip minimum - my Mum getting sick, for example. Moving house if you have already set it up to move and sold at one end, purchased at the other etc etc. To go start a new job (particularly given the economic downturn). There is no need to expose yourself to anyone else with all these quarantines etc. A taxi driver who does not want to take any risks does not need to cover the airport. Anyone breaking home quarantine should be penalised, so just "assuming" all travellers are going to breach the rules is just unfair on those people. Even back in the 1800's when travel was longer, harder and more expensive than today, people still travelled. If society wants zero international travel, then they need to ban flights. If that has not happened, then within the rules that exist, people are - and should be - still free to make their own decisions.
    I yesterday’s reported cases was an airplane cleaner, and a member of Cathay Pacific’s ground stuff. The day before a pilot and quite a number of flight attendants have previously been infected.

Today numbers: 17 new cases
    Haven’t see details yet, let’s hope we started ‘flattening the curve’

https://chp-dashboard.geodata.gov.hk/covid-19/en.html

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    Today numbers: 17 new cases
    Haven’t see details yet, let’s hope we started ‘flattening the curve’

https://chp-dashboard.geodata.gov.hk/covid-19/en.html
    Guys in the testing centre all went to the pub last night, couldn't process as many results today as usual.

Quote Original Post:
    If they arrive they go into isolation. No risk to anyone. People travel for many reasons and if it's important to them who are we to complain?
    More sage advice from the Queen of quaratine.

Please unmoore your home and take it beyond cell phone range.

China has made lots of new islands just down south where you could drop anchor and I hear the weather's lovely there this time of year.

BBQ Pits welded shut at Clearwater Bay First Beach

East_coast and timonoj like this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast