Like Tree119Likes

Covid-19: 04/4-5 (Fri/Sat) HK News and Discussions

Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,134

    Professor Gabriel Leung from HKU's Faculty of Medicine is saying summer might bring a lull in cases, but not necessarily due to the weather:

    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...kong-expert-he


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,889

    medic says not enough action:

    He said he believes that the number of Covid-19 cases in Hong Kong could exceed 1,000 very soon, as there are invisible transmissions of the virus in the community, and that people are dropping their guard.
    CE inaction is explained by Chinese proverb/idiom:
    they won’t cry until they see a coffin
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...9-20200403.htm
    Coolboy likes this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    417

    The little bar street in my neighborhood was absolutely packed at 5:15. Certainly didn't look like they were getting ready to close in 45 minutes. (About 4 bars total, def don't sell food, all owned by the same....'group' allegedly).


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    384

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    The little bar street in my neighborhood was absolutely packed at 5:15. Certainly didn't look like they were getting ready to close in 45 minutes. (About 4 bars total, def don't sell food, all owned by the same....'group' allegedly).
    same here in Happy valley the usual bars are still opened and beer is flowing...WTF
    Last edited by Sebastien-F; 03-04-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Typo
    Kowloon72 likes this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien-F:
    same here in Happy valley the usual bars are still opened and beer is flowing...WTF
    Maybe the bars aren't *selling* beer after 6pm, they're giving it away as it'll only go off otherwise
    Kowloon72 and chuckster007 like this.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    6,030

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    31,975

    The clapping, screaming and honking is pretty intense in our neighborhood.

    HK_Katherine and bbchris like this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    10,552

    Noticeable even here on the boat. Just went out onto the deck to have a.go!

    Coolboy likes this.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The clapping, screaming and honking is pretty intense in our neighborhood.
    What for?

Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast