Like Tree118Likes

Covid-19: 04/5 (Sun) HK News

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The police situation is escalating ...

UPDATED: #HongKong’s entire police force may have to be tested for #Covid_19, and nearly all members of a regional anti-riot squad are in quarantine for two weeks after an officer who took part in Prince Edward MTR operation tests positive
    https://twitter.com/DavidMooreSCMP/s...66111907872769
    timonoj likes this.

The local transmission and also the delays in symptoms or detection is worrying to be honest - there are many potential spreaders who may infect others even after 14 days.

e..g

Age 71 Male - Onset 03/25, Confirmed 04/04

[Pending Translation] The patient was in good health and had no travel history. He had a pastime at Joe Bananas Bar near Dusk Till Dawn on March 14. Cough, sore throat and fever started on March 25.
    Don't wish on others what you don't want happening to you or your family.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20200405.htm

Chan said the SAR government had further options available, including the possibility of limiting "restaurants to selling take-out only" or simply imposing a much bigger lockdown across the city until all non-essential businesses closed "so nearly everyone stays home most of the time for a few weeks".

"It would obviously add to the economic cost," Chan said."It could also risk spreading panic but we have to accept that it may be necessary if the alternative is the risk of something worse."
    Coolboy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I would guess the Police Sports and Recreation facility is still running normally - Is it?

Let's try and get this back on topic.

Name:  Screenshot_20200405-115947.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  356.4 KB

Now this chart is about a week out of date and can't find an updated one. But it strikes me that Hong Kong seems quite low in terms of tests done per million people. Doesn't fill me with confidence that the numbers we are going by are anywhere near accurate.

A nurse who I know well tells me she's never seen hospitals this full. Overall, something fishy is going on. Of those very few tests per million, a large portion of them are people coming from overseas to the airport with no symptoms.

This is a great policy which I support, but it means the stats are skewed to suit the Chinese government's agenda that we should blame the foreigners.

Most alarming is that they are NOT applying this compulsory testing and quarantine rule to those returning from China. They are literally the only country exempt from this widespread rule. Tell me that isn't for political reasons and to save face, please.

The numbers are being skewed to suit an agenda. People are not getting tests who should. And those tested generally come from a nice little pocket of people who make perfect scapegoats for a "it's not us. It's them" agenda

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:

Name:  Screenshot_20200405-115947.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  356.4 KB

Now this chart is about a week out of date and can't find an updated one. But it strikes me that Hong Kong seems quite low in terms of tests done per million people. Doesn't fill me with confidence that the numbers we are going by are anywhere near accurate.

A nurse who I know well tells me she's never seen hospitals this full. Overall, something fishy is going on. Of those very few tests per million, a large portion of them are people coming from overseas to the airport with no symptoms.

This is a great policy which I support, but it means the stats are skewed to suit the Chinese government's agenda that we should blame the foreigners.

Most alarming is that they are NOT applying this compulsory testing and quarantine rule to those returning from China. They are literally the only country exempt from this widespread rule. Tell me that isn't for political reasons and to save face, please.

The numbers are being skewed to suit an agenda. People are not getting tests who should. And those tested generally come from a nice little pocket of people who make perfect scapegoats for a "it's not us. It's them" agenda
    Worldometers now has a column (last on right) which shows tests per million for each country. How up to date it is I am not sure.
    Cornmeal and BCD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Worldometers now has a column (last on right) which shows tests per million for each country. How up to date it is I am not sure.
    Ah yeah I had seen that. But that chart looked so pretty Anyway the point remains that HK has actually done relatively few tests. Look at Singapore. I would've expected similar here.
    hullexile likes this.

Yes, way out of date. Those look like same the figures I posted 2 weeks ago from 'our world of data' March 19?

Worldometers keeps updating/tweaking their columns and now they have released testing figures, they have also added a yesterday/now toggle function so we can see the changes.

Total Tests:

Tests per capita:

And Hong Kong's stats vs. Singapore's:

Last edited by Cornmeal; 05-04-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: edited for SG comparison
    spode, Jackie1 and chingleutsch like this.

Interesting you brought this up. Just heard from an acquaintance recently returned from China and was surprised to learn it’s self-quarantine at home with no wristband.Do hope you’re wrong about busy hospitals though, that would be bad news indeed regardless of source. I assume they at least test the symptomatic in Hospitals, although the Pok Oi thing certainly gives more reason to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Yes, way out of date. Those look like same the figures I posted 2 weeks ago from 'our world of data' March 19?

Worldometers keeps updating/tweaking their columns and now they have released testing figures, they have also added a yesterday/now toggle function so we can see the changes.

Total Tests:

Tests per capita:

And Hong Kong's stats vs. Singapore's:

Just noticed the helpful update. So tests per capita in HK are now double that for SG if I read that right, thanks. (NRN)
    Cornmeal likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast