Like Tree122Likes

Covid-19: Boris Johnson Hospitalized

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

They are still playing it down. Apparently he is working from his bed and still in charge. If that was true he should get out of ICU and free up the bed for someone who really needs it.
    hongkong7 and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    They are still playing it down. Apparently he is working from his bed and still in charge. If that was true he should get out of ICU and free up the bed for someone who really needs it.
    Dominic Raab has taken over, and the only reports I have seen mention things like ‘he is still conscious’. Is there a story saying that he was still working?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604

He certainly won't be working in ICU.

Skyhook and huja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Dominic Raab has taken over, and the only reports I have seen mention things like ‘he is still conscious’. Is there a story saying that he was still working?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604
    On checking it was Sky getting overtaken by events. This story was released at 20:35pm UK time, 3:35am our time from the header.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...pital-11969302

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Remember in the 1980's when Soviet leaders went from "having a cold" to being the featured guest at a state funeral?

N.B. I am not suggesting/hoping/saying Johnson is going to to die. I am pointing out the spin/obscurification of the true health of the man in charge is similar.
    Last edited by huja; 07-04-2020 at 06:06 AM.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved into an intensive care unit on Monday and deputized the foreign secretary to take over leadership of the government “where necessary.”
    the condition of the prime minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the intensive care unit at the hospital.” The decision was “a precaution should he require ventilation to aid his recovery,”
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...Iu70jktfgBrZBM
    shri likes this.

Having been in CCU ( for 8 days back in April 2018 ) once, I can only imagine that ICU would be pretty heavy duty and as a patient , you'd be in a fairly fragile state/condition.

I hope Boris get's through all of this, because I haven't taken an interest in British politics for the longest time ! Boris and his dishevelled hair, his bust a move, crazy cat like public spontaneity and generally how he handles himself in parliament, which for me, hasn't been this humanely entertaining that I can ever recall in my lifetime.

Does anyone have a more detailed report on what medication Trump has sent to Boris?

Saw this in the guardian live blog.

Trump was asked for more details on the medicines he said he had sent to Boris Johnson’s doctors, but he gives few more details, and does not name the companies involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Having been in CCU ( for 8 days back in April 2018 ) once, I can only imagine that ICU would be pretty heavy duty and as a patient , you'd be in a fairly fragile state/condition.

I hope Boris get's through all of this, because I haven't taken an interest in British politics for the longest time ! Boris and his dishevelled hair, his bust a move, crazy cat like public spontaneity and generally how he handles himself in parliament, which for me, hasn't been this humanely entertaining that I can ever recall in my lifetime.
    Yes also got that t-shirt. Totally useless as a functioning human. At least I got to see my family one hour a day.

Not sure if this has been linked earlier. A good summary of what happened over the last couple of days.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...on-to-hospital

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast