Like Tree70Likes

Covid-19: 04/06 (Mon) HK News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:

More seriously, wasn't it for cargo trucks or something like that? But then government requirements on using the bridge made it uselessly complicated?
    This is the biggest problem. The existing regulations are impossibly onerous for 99% of car owners to use the bridge themselves. Only a tiny group can meet all the exacting requirements and use their own vehicles. Why couldn't the HK government come to some kind of arrangement or agreement between HK and Macau at least on some mutual utilization of the bridge by existing car owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    Hey, we're all one country now. Of course we needed a bridge.

BTW, I tried the bus to Macau once. Even though there were no queues and the journey went smoothly, I chose to return by ferry. The bus journey took longer and was more cramped. No seat allocations. No sense of occasion. Similar price. Won't be doing the bridge again.
    I have used it a couple of times. A lot more faff but I did think it was quite a bit cheaper than the ferry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I have used it a couple of times. A lot more faff but I did think it was quite a bit cheaper than the ferry.
    I guess it depends where you start your journey from. I started from Wanchai so, instead of a cheap 5 minute MTR journey to the ferry terminal, I had a long bus ride to the bridge before even getting started.

24 new cases today. In hospital - 8 serious & 12 critical

shri, Coolboy, Kowloon72 and 2 others like this.

Several local returnees from Peru has been tested positive:

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    24 new cases today. In hospital - 8 serious & 12 critical
    6 local and 18 imported according ro SCMP.

That's three days under 30, four days under 40 and four or five days with local casws under 15 I think.
    Jackie1 and timonoj like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Are these all from the same night? Or are they spread across multiple nights? I think the HK island bar cluster was spread across different bars and nights by a band who played multiple venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Are these all from the same night? Or are they spread across multiple nights? I think the HK island bar cluster was spread across different bars and nights by a band who played multiple venues.
    Unless it has changed, All Night Long is owned by the same person as Insomnia and Dusk to Dawn in Wan Chai.. So the bands move between them or used to.
    East_coast, Kowloon72 and Jackie1 like this.

Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Grief. They are absolutley giddy about the vindication received over the face masks.

True what they say: a moaning clock is right twice a day.
    Mrs. Jones and angeluscomplex like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast