Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ebayhtl
  • 1 Post By emx

Covid-19: Building Management Response?

Covid-19: Building Management Response?

As above - how have you/your building management handled any COVID19 case in your residential building?

Had a case confirmed in my residential building this morning - not my floor but one of the nearby floors. Building management will be doing a deep clean of all common areas (lifts, ground floor lobby, lift lobby on each floor etc) today and in coming days.

I will stay away for a few days, but staying away for 14 days is unlikely to be realistic. Interested in what others have been doing/have done.

Last edited by ebayhtl; 06-04-2020 at 01:57 PM.
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:
    Had a case confirmed in my residential building this morning - not my floor but one of the nearby floors. Building management will be doing a deep clean of all common areas (lifts, ground floor lobby, lift lobby on each floor etc) today and in coming days.
    This is what happened in our village, so contract cleaners came into the village the next morning and steam cleaned, scrubbed everything. The whole place smelt like a hospital OT for a few days, but now mostly back to normal (or abnormal) village smell.

The village house that the confirmed case was in, is still empty.
    Coolboy likes this.

Also, I will check this, but in case anyone has the answer already - if a person contracts COVID-19 and they live in an apartment, does anyone living in that same apartment (family/roommates etc) all have to move into hospital/government mandatory quarantine as well, or do those people stay home in mandatory self-quarantine? May make a difference re whether I stay away for longer, thanks.

Also, I will check this, but in case anyone has the answer already - if a person contracts COVID-19 and they live in an apartment, does anyone living in that same apartment (family/roommates etc) all have to move into hospital/government mandatory quarantine as well, or do those people stay home in mandatory self-quarantine? May make a difference re whether I stay away for longer, thanks.
    At yesterday's press conference they clarified this. If it's an imported case, and the person is isolated in a room with no contact with the family then they are not a "close contact". They can remain at home and self quarantine for 14 days.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

As above - how have you/your building management handled any COVID19 case in your residential building?

I will stay away for a few days, but staying away for 14 days is unlikely to be realistic. Interested in what others have been doing/have done.
    We thought there was a case in our block. Saw the DOH bus come pick someone up. The building mgt did a thorough clean of the floor/ lift and other public areas. They also inform the minibus and supermarket so they can do a clean.

As a family we were more vigilant. Wear our masks in the lift, use elbows to press buttons, hand sanitize and wash hands when we can

Anyway, our case was a false alarm. It was a family who didn't want their new domestic helper to quarantine at home and decided to ship her to the free Gov't quarantine.

In my building we had two cases from the same family. They put the alert sign in the lobby to inform everyone, gave a thorough clean of common areas and closed the playground (the only facility still open).
    They also put a sign by the lifts saying no more than 4 people should take the lift at the same time. And one by the door saying all couriers should wear a mask to enter the building. That’s it for now.

Edit: The second case happened a week after the first one. So I guess the family of the first case was self quarantining at home. Both imported cases.

Notices in the lobby, bleach x2 in all common areas on all floors of the tower.