Like Tree78Likes

Covid19: 04/07 (Tue) - HK News

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You don't think that given there is still lots we don't know about the virus it might just be worth playing safe? Clearly not as you seem intent in as many people to be infected as possible to build up herd immunity.
    It's patently obvious that this can be contracted via airborne transmisson. It's been obvious since January. Clearly some places - trains, lifts, bars, aeroplanes carry a much higher risk than others - parks, streets, beaches.

Anyone who thinks she can't be infected in the street is living in a dreamworld. The advice is perfectly clear - wash your hands, social distancing, wear masks. It's not rocket science. Staythefuckathome.
    Cornmeal, JAherbert and hongkong7 like this.

Original Post Deleted
    That's the HK Police for you.

only in Hong Kong?

Health officials said on Tuesday that officials had mixed up two family members and had taken a man to hospital to be isolated instead of his son who was the one who had actually tested positive for Covid-19.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20200407.htm
    Coolboy, MatthieuTofu and Jaz Paul like this.

This is the golden part of the above article...

"Concerning people with Nepali names, they look quite similar to us," he explained.

So I'm reading some of the posts on the debate about staying home and going out to trails for example. It seems to me that the same restrictions and rules can't and should not be applied the same everywhere. HK has had a fairly good week, there's very little community transmission so how long do we stay with restrictive measures within the community? What is the key number to start returning to normal?

In my opinion, it doesn't make sense that everyone be on strict lock down as is the case in Europe. It appears that HK is doing a good job of tracing cases, most of them being imported and from indoor places where many congregated. In my opinion, it's important to try a gradual return to normal life .

Initially, I would keep the large gathering restrictions but would allow places like cinemas and bowling alleys to reopen soon if we stay on track but maintaining the rule of 4, the use of masks and appropriate social distancing. Same goes for trails, golf courses and beaches where as far as I know, no transmission has occurred in HK. With few numbers, clusters can be identified quickly and actions taken if necessary as it was done with M&S. I think travel restrictions will have to be maintained as long as this thing isn't in control outside of HK but no reason to make everyone suffer here just because other countries don't have a handle on things. The numbers of tests here appear reasonable, there's no indication of large numbers of asymptomatic people infecting the rest of the community. It doesn't seem unreasonable to slowly ease back after successfully bring the numbers down in the last week or so especially looking at the origin of the cases.

Deceased still 4 but Critical now 14.

With HK hospitals managing to keep the number of deceased at 4, without increasing, for some weeks now, I think I'd rather be in a HK hospital with COVID-19 than in many other countries.

I don't hear it said very often - f*ing WELL DONE HK health carers !!

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    So I'm reading some of the posts on the debate about staying home and going out to trails for example. It seems to me that the same restrictions and rules can't and should not be applied the same everywhere. HK has had a fairly good week, there's very little community transmission so how long do we stay with restrictive measures within the community? What is the key number to start returning to normal?

In my opinion, it doesn't make sense that everyone be on strict lock down as is the case in Europe. It appears that HK is doing a good job of tracing cases, most of them being imported and from indoor places where many congregated. In my opinion, it's important to try a gradual return to normal life .

Initially, I would keep the large gathering restrictions but would allow places like cinemas and bowling alleys to reopen soon if we stay on track but maintaining the rule of 4, the use of masks and appropriate social distancing. Same goes for trails, golf courses and beaches where as far as I know, no transmission has occurred in HK. With few numbers, clusters can be identified quickly and actions taken if necessary as it was done with M&S. I think travel restrictions will have to be maintained as long as this thing isn't in control outside of HK but no reason to make everyone suffer here just because other countries don't have a handle on things. The numbers of tests here appear reasonable, there's no indication of large numbers of asymptomatic people infecting the rest of the community. It doesn't seem unreasonable to slowly ease back after successfully bring the numbers down in the last week or so especially looking at the origin of the cases.
    A few well known faces on Geo will be bittersweet at the numbers coming down the past few days.

Original Post Deleted
    Somebody who is very cynical could suggest that the triad owned place was raised because they didn't pay off the right person. Yellow shops are raised at any moment when it is convenient to our popo friends.

You'd have to be quite cynical to say that, but then again, I have become quite cynical over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    A few well known faces on Geo will be bittersweet at the numbers coming down the past few days.
    Bittersweet indeed, because apparently shabu shabu joints are the only places left to eat out at...

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    I think everyone without exception is happy the numbers have stayed under control. I worry about someone who would think otherwise.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast