Like Tree32Likes

HK Govt Relief Measures for Covid-19

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Don't get too excited about the tickets. Might be used for inbound travellers.

Quote Original Post:
    Some time ago they announced that people aged 60 and up would be able to travel on MTR for $ 2- per trip. Does anyone know when this will start?
    From the press release in Jan.

"Since its launch in 2012, the Government Public Transport Fare Concession Scheme for the Elderly and Eligible Persons with Disabilities, commonly known as the '$2 transport fare concession', has been warmly welcomed by the elderly. The Government proposed to lower the eligible age of the Scheme from the current 65 to 60, benefiting about 600 000 silver-age persons aged 60 to 64," Mrs Lam said. Details of the implementation timetable will be announced upon completion of the review of the Scheme by the Labour and Welfare Bureau and the Transport Department in the first half of this year.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...0011400712.htm

For the capped $9,000 per month for 6 months, if it goes directly to the employers I assume many employers will just keep the money. What's to stop them? They can just claim their business is doing bad and need the subsidy to continue to pay their employees even if it's not true.

So this doesn't help the actual employees, am I right?

Any news for self-employed? Can’t find this

I had a look at the 'comprehensive measures' and I will receive nothing. Nothing at all, although I have been on unpaid leave since late January. Bravo, Bloody Carrie.

Quote Original Post:
    For the capped $9,000 per month for 6 months, if it goes directly to the employers I assume many employers will just keep the money. What's to stop them? They can just claim their business is doing bad and need the subsidy to continue to pay their employees even if it's not true.

Er... Yes. It helps you not get sacked!

I wonder when the low interest subsidized loans for the SME's will become available? HK Gov announcing these plans but don't deliver in time at all. Good job government employees still getting raises!

Quote Original Post:

When an employer receives government subsidy, it has to promise not to fire the employee for a specified period of time. There must be provisions to deal with such situation

The government's intention is to help businesses and avoid layoffs
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    I wonder when the low interest subsidized loans for the SME's will become available? HK Gov announcing these plans but don't deliver in time at all. Good job government employees still getting raises!
    having been through their schemes before. I can tell you it is really hard to get these. You have to supply a ton of paperwork with pics and pay slips etc....

for the relief measures, I think you have to justify a certain amount of years with a positive return. Otherwise they think you're trying to use it to make up for your earlier poor performance.

Does this mean I can put a bunch of staff on unpaid leave for a few months and the Government pay me to do it?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast