Like Tree209Likes

Covid-19: HK News - Long Holiday Thread

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    Single digit number again today, 5... But they note in the press conference that, yes, some clinics will be closed over the holiday weekend.

Who is this woman who is working so tirelessly for Hong Kong?
    That’s Dr Chuang Shuk-Kwan:

https://amp.scmp.com/comment/letters...irus-battle-it

She’s done a much better job than the public disgrace of Hong Kong, Carrie Lam.

https://twitter.com/rachel_cheung1/s...616214529?s=21

In the beginning, the testing criteria were quite limited- history of travel to Hubei, admission to the hospital with symptoms, etc. So early on, yes, I do think HK missed a number of cases (those with mild symptoms). I would be interested in the results of widespread antibody testing, not just in HK but worldwide. It would have to be both inexpensive and accurate. I think it's the only way we will ever have a more accurate death rate because we still don't know who has had it...
    Now the testing is much more widespread but early on it was probably overly-limited, I don't know if that anything to do with available test kits and labs who could process the results. I think the "spit-test" kit that is widely used now did help make testing more widespread as you can do the test at home and someone can bring it to a lab for you (if you think you may have it).

HK_Katherine likes this.

bsh

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland
    The latest panic buying in Sai Kung appears to be tonic water! Can’t find anywhere !
    I got some! Will swap for plain/all purpose flour!

Quote Originally Posted by bsh
    I got some! Will swap for plain/all purpose flour!
    Ha ha found some Watson’s Tonic Water this morning. Beggars can’t be choosers

bsh

There's lots in the Big Fusion in the Centro building.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14