Like Tree209Likes

Covid-19: HK News - Long Holiday Thread

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Covid-19: HK News - Long Holiday Thread

I don't see a new thread yet, but here's yesterday's chart:

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow:
    That does seem to show very clearly a situation under control. That really is an excellent chart.
    Tyresmoke and Kiz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That does seem to show very clearly a situation under control. That really is an excellent chart.
    Well done Hong Kong people. I was surprised to see a lot of people outside yesterday when I went for a coffee (I've been mostly indoors for the past 2 weeks) but everyone is wearing a mask, everyone is keeping distance (by HK standards anyway, so that's 1.5 ft rather than 1.5 meter), and it seems to work.

I might even have to admit grumblingly that masks work and that the government hasn't spoiled too much. Wow.
    Kowloon72 likes this.

A couple of items from the WARS site.

Fitness center might turn into a cluster.

[Pending Translation] The patient is in good health and has no travel history. He held a meeting at the home of patient # 801 and patient # 849 on March 31, with 7 to 8 participants. He then started to runny nose and diarrhea on April 3.
    A couple of others:

The patient is a clinic operations assistant responsible for cleaning. She was working in the Shek Wu Hui clinic in Sheung Shui and also worked a day at the Ta Kwu Ling General Out-Patient Clinic. She did not interact with any other patients nor did she come into contact with any of the deep throat saliva samples. She went to work on April 3, 4, 6, and 7. She has good past health and no recent travel history. On April 3, she started having a sore throat.
    I think pilots / crew are exempted from quarantine after trips? Can someone confirm?

The patient is a cargo plane pilot. He has good past health and was in Turkey and Kazakhstan between March 28 and April 3. On March 30, he started having sore throat and losing his sense of smell.
    The patient is a Nepali 19-week pregnant women and lives with her son on Temple Street. She has good health history and no travel history, and began coughing on April 2.
    The rest of the cases seem to be returnees, contacts of the Bar / M&S Karaoke cluster or have traceable family / social contacts.

https://wars.vote4.hk/en/cases
    Last edited by shri; 09-04-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

I think pilots / crew are exempted from quarantine after trips? Can someone confirm?
    They are exempted from official quarantine. My understanding is that Cathay requests the crew to go to hotels wherever they are flying and have meals in their rooms before flying back. I'm not sure if other companies have similar guidelines and how strictly they are enforced. I know that a while back, Cathay suspended a pilot who is likely to lose his job for multiple violations.

I gather that as is often the case, if they don't get sick, the violations are not known but if they do, then they start looking into it and then actions can be taken. A bit like creative accounting on taxes, it's all good until you get audited.
    shri, hullexile and Morrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow:
    When it's compulsory to get tested without symptoms at the airport, but not anywhere else, these figures are inevitable.
    Coolboy likes this.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Question: Why does the WARS site frequently describe the onset symptom as runny nose? I thought runny nose was specifically NOT a symptom of the corona virus.

Is something lost in translation? Does the Cantonese expression carry slightly different meanings?

A runny nose is common to most corona viruses (ie, common colds). SARS-COV-2 is one type of coronavirus, so a runny nose would seem common.

There are 13 cases today, 10 of which are imported from overseas. The number of cases is down from yesterday , hope this trend can continue

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast