Like Tree381Likes

Covid-19: May 2020 - HK News

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    More likely the government will just let those 2 go home because they aren't brown and fighting it would be a bother.

Dealing with the HK government always raises my blood pressure as well
    Let's hope so. Given our low case numbers some of these mandatory quarantines make no logical sense at all. And its a lottery as to what kind of quarantine facility you get. The people in the news article are friends of friends and there has been a rota organised to feed them (they have no cooking facilties). The first batch of food had to be 'checked' before it was allowed in - took over 2 hours so was cold on arrival and the helper who delivered it was treated appallingly. The people in quarantine are being treated like they are in jail, not HK residents who had been stranded abroad deserving of help.

Well, I guess they weren't allowed to leave after all. No reason given as of yet.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ses-let-family

Last edited by mrgoodkat; 21-05-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Easily predictable. No merit to individual cases. It's the overall policy that is questionable which the courts will not address

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Easily predictable. No merit to individual cases. It's the overall policy that is questionable which the courts will not address
    Have they justified the list of countries?

Seems like their logic was:

- which are the poorest countries with direct flights to HK
    - exclude the ones that send helpers over
    - OK here’s our list

Meanwhile someone can fly from Brazil via UK - two huge hotspots - and stay in their own accommodation. It’s baffling.

"A Person coming from Rich country will have a comfortable and big enough home to quarantine himself, whereas a person from poor country will probably be living in shared accommodation with many people in small congested house !"

-- This is what I can make up

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    As already pointed out, are they not testing literally everyone only now?
    Nah, they have been mass testing for a long time. 75 million to be exact.

Name:  main-qimg-334ba5d850ef3a27456e9e78f111beed (1).jpeg
Views: 634
Size:  77.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sunyhk:
    "A Person coming from Rich country will have a comfortable and big enough home to quarantine himself, whereas a person from poor country will probably be living in shared accommodation with many people in small congested house !"

-- This is what I can make up
    The south Africans who brought the case are clearly anything but poor. I think this is the problem; putting a well off person in a dirty unit with cot beds and no facilities was never going to work well.

Probably no one cares today but:

Two imported cases today, one from the UK and one from the Netherlands

'Not Made In China' labeling of masks is problematic..

https://twitter.com/maryhui/status/1...347856897?s=20

Elegiaque likes this.