Like Tree167Likes

Infamous expat cop allegedly living illegally on gov land

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Infamous expat cop allegedly living illegally on gov land

https://twitter.com/rachel_cheung1/s...315650560?s=21
    shri, emx, junichitsuyo and 8 others like this.

Not surprising, pretty much everyone with land in HK occupies government land. The article is shit though, could have at least supplied a drone photo and the boundary map.
    Looking at google maps, that place is a dump. I would't wanna live there, not even on illegal government land.

imparanoic and rs4 like this.

Jimmy lai of Apple news has own illegal structure as well, maybe it's possible that a lot famous or wealthy people regardless what political stance, ie, Henry tang, justice secretary, Micheal suen (who I believe is more yellow, or impartial served under Chris Patten) even neutral politician Dr ko wing man had illegal structure, and previous chief executive cy leung

https://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news...00176_050.html

shri, Andy SNK, Tom007 and 1 others like this.

Am I the only one who thinks it ironic how close he lives to a university

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Not surprising, pretty much everyone with land in the New Territories occupies government land. The article is shit though, could have at least supplied a drone photo and the boundary map.
    Looking at google maps, that place is a dump. I would't wanna live there, not even on illegal government land.
    yes, prima facie evidence would be good idea

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Jimmy lai of Apple news has own illegal structure as well, maybe it's possible that a lot famous or wealthy people regardless what political stance, ie, Henry tang, justice secretary, Micheal suen (who I believe is more yellow, or impartial served under Chris Patten) even neutral politician Dr ko wing man had illegal structure, and previous chief executive cy leung
    I think most people have illegal structures. I have loads. Less to do with political stance or wanting free stuff and more to do with the government making it impossible to legally have those structures even on a standalone house. A sun cover, or solar cells on a village roof top are technically illegal. There is no reason they should be. Pretty much all of those structures wouldn't be an issue in most other jurisdictions.
    Look at the Justice Secretaries structures, why is an above ground pool illegal? How is it any different from a blow up kiddie pool. For that matter why can't you legally have a proper pool at your own property? It's just a hole in the ground after all. Same with CY Leung, as long as you don't leave your property line what does it matter if you add some glass enclosure?

There are even a few well known politicians who are from the democrats who has illegal structures exposed by the media from 2011, including Claudia Mo and Albert Yip, in my opinion 98% politicians are lying scums regardless of their stances and take advantage of their positions, but it's noted that the extent of illegal structures above is nowhere as bad as infamous Henry Tang 2500 sq basement, wiki is only in chinese sadly

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E...A2%A8%E6%B3%A2

Plutark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I think most people have illegal structures. I have loads. Less to do with political stance or wanting free stuff and more to do with the government making it impossible to legally have those structures even on a standalone house. A sun cover, or solar cells on a village roof top are technically illegal. There is no reason they should be. Pretty much all of those structures wouldn't be an issue in most other jurisdictions.
    Look at the Justice Secretaries structures, why is an above ground pool illegal? How is it any different from a blow up kiddie pool. For that matter why can't you legally have a proper pool at your own property? It's just a hole in the ground after all. Same with CY Leung, as long as you don't leave your property line what does it matter if you add some glass enclosure?
    actually i have investigated the building permission regulations to see what is legal and illegal and even seen gov installed solar panels legally within the regulations 2 weeks ago at my village, solar panels on canopy are allowed at a certain height as long is it does not cover the entire roof (certain percentage is fine)

It should be noted that the NT is technically MORE part of China than Kowloon, the Island and some outlying Islands. It was after all the bit that was rented and given back by the contract in 97. The other stuff China got as a bonus (technically) and this is the reason why there is a different law up here regarding property. The planning rules and ( if there are any ) specifications are specific to NT because it was never owned by the Brits in law. Only rented.

WE ALL HAVE ILLEGAL STRUCTURES HERE !!! The reason being is that the NT lands dept is not staffed anywhere near enough to police it and really, they have better stuff to do than hassle their own neighbours UNLESS it's egregious. Like taking Gov land and turning it to your own park and making a business out of it. Remember that?

I put my hands up. We have an illegal structure in our village house. The balcony ( like all those in the village ) should have bars on it above the wall, but because we don't want to be overwhelmed by flying critters, we have ( like everyone else ) glazed sliding windows. ILLEGAL !!!!!!!! Even though they are nice and don't make the house look like a village jail from the Victorian era.

So, after the Island dweller opportunists whinged about Donald Tsang's windows it got HKG to activate a HK illegal structure hunt and we got a letter, actually a circular, that allowed everyone to self register. We ignored it of course but after two years the Tong had negotiated with the dept and we where advised to just say "OK, you got me." To which, the reply was "OK just tell us you have had it inspected ( no method indicated ) and we we will be back in 5 years for you to tell us again."

The village head here has a frigging swimming pool on his roof. Christ knows what the loading is on that. He registers it as the village emergency fire fighting water supply. I have no problem with that, or structures more that 1/3rd covering the roof etc etc. I love NT village life for it's quirkiness and the fellowship of my neighbours. Rather that than ( when I lived in a high rise in Tai Koo ) having management companies continual memos and knocks on the door about colour of doors, CNY posters on doors and rubbish bag specifications.

Keep your bitching down south, we are too busy being laid back up here.

The village head here has a frigging swimming pool on his roof. Christ knows what the loading is on that. He registers it as the village emergency fire fighting water supply.
    Classic ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast