Like Tree394Likes

National Security Law: Friday Edition...

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    10-15 years ago I knew quite a few locals with BNO passports. Generally, I think most stopped renewing them - the cost is high, and the HKSAR passport provides visa-free access in more countries.

I believe that even those who did not renew can still get BNO passport now (or at least that was true when I investigated for a friend around 10 years ago).
    I'd get one just in case even if they're among the sickest jokes the United Kingdom has ever played on its subjects. And that's saying something. We'd have to go back to WWII India or even the East India Company to find something sicker and more selfish.

In the worst case it's just a sad relic to pass on to your offspring (if any) and a crime in the P.R.C. As far as expectiations come, that's par for the course for the average Hongkonger so what's there to lose?

Boris is just a navel-gazing male bimbo so showing him some Hongkonger babies (actual infants ffs, he doesn't need any tempting) in distress might seal the deal as long as he's in office and there's any residual 'postpartum' oxytocin left in his sorry torso.

RTHK3's Backchat ought to be interesting this morning. The UFWD bots get their usual fair coverage, but Martin Lee's on soon. It's like the Last Supper. Based on his latest messages he's ready for what coming.

Taxmyass likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoista:
    UK is more concerned about covid and Dominic Cummings than what is happening over here.
    Besides, there is generally an increase in anti-immigrant sentiment, so I don;t think it will wash over, particularly with the way the UK economy has fallen with the pandemic.

Same could be said for most Western democracies due to the increased right wing sentiment rising across the world, and more protectionist agendas appearing. Arguable you could say the whole world is turning more authoritarian, even in "democratic" countries.
    They could always dump HKers on this piece of land and leave them alone. Have a proper one country two systems there... but that's just wishful thinking, already that the BNO thing is a long shot.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rthern-ireland

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    They could always dump HKers on this piece of land and leave them alone. Have a proper one country two systems there... but that's just wishful thinking, already that the BNO thing is a long shot.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rthern-ireland
    LOL.. from 1983 archives right.. Ireland / NI has enough of its own issues without throwing this into the mix.

Original Post Deleted
    No one is arguing the US will come and save Hong Kong here. Your obsession with this strawman argument is very odd.

The more relevant question is where Hong Kong goes from here. US will impose sanctions on Mainland and Hong Kong officials. Existing trade privileges will be impacted in some form. HK as a conduit for foreign capital into Mainland is also likely to be adversely impacted. Except for the sanctions on officials, nothing else will benefit local HK people. So the real question is, how will Hong Kong adapt to this situation?
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Coolboy and Mefisto like this.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    That was creepily hilarious, except it didn't come from the Onion or the MAD magazine.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast