Like Tree348Likes

National Security Law: Friday Edition...

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...itles?r=10&s=1

Quite an interesting bill has been introduced in the Congress by Scott Perry...

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC
    With freedoms and way of life about to be changed, who plans to leave within the next few years? HK is losing its appeal really fast IMO.
    I am thinking going back to the States, but HK is root for my family so its a really tough call as I want to be close to my family. Also, I am wishing to be able to witness the collapse of the CCP if only its not just a fairy tale...

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari

Not going to happen. The bigger push to recognize hk as China.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari

That I am afraid is more of a political stunt that any real bill. The bill on sanctions on officials who enforce this national law might have a higher chance of passing though.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 22-05-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    It will backfire on the CCP. Protesters are almost guaranteed to go back on the streets to protest this law. But now with national security law in place, these protesters, some of them at least, are almost certain to disappear, tortured or die "suspiciously". That in turn would trigger further rounds of global outrage which pile more pressure on Western governments to sanction HK officials. Its a downward spiral.

in the worst case scenario, there could even be something akin to a civil war in HK, as protesters see any peaceful chance for fighting for pro-democracy will be snuffed out, they will legitimatize violence as the only recourse. Groups could arm themselves and assasinate and sabotage HK officials and facilities. I hope that does not appear, but with this law, that possibility cannot be ruled out I fear.
    I am not sure if that would be the case. I am following LIHKG people there are actually talking about turning "Blue" to criticize other blue ribbons as the new tactic of mutual destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxmyass
    I am not sure if that would be the case. I am following LIHKG people there are actually talking about turning "Blue" to criticize other blue ribbons as the new tactic of mutual destruction.
    Only some are considering that. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    Only some are considering that. We'll see how it goes.
    yup, im gonna stock up some grocery just in case shit hit the fan this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Taxmyass
    It's not gonna work. The way dictatorships work is that they do not allow any dissent, even when you are generally on their side. I hope that this is also something the entire blue-side is realizing now. They have made themselves completely obsolete now. Their roles will just be taken by some Central government department.
    Taxmyass, Baklava and Mrs. Jones like this.

mucaari, Taxmyass, Baklava and 6 others like this.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast