Like Tree18Likes

NS Law v/s Trump v/s .... banter

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Trump Administration has indicated they will take action in response to HK's national security laws:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/w...hong-kong.html

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/u-s-warn...atus-1.1440000

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    The Trump Administration has indicated they will take action in response to HK's national security laws:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/w...hong-kong.html

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/u-s-warn...atus-1.1440000
    MMmm "React Strongly"
    Does that mean Carriers at anchor and F22's flying CAP over the NT? Of course not.

Taking away special status and taking out the capital from HK hurts who? Beijing?

Do you thing Xi cares?

Why not ask yourself this before posting
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    MMmm "React Strongly"
    Does that mean Carriers at anchor and F22's flying CAP over the NT? Of course not.

Taking away special status and taking out the capital from HK hurts who? Beijing?

Do you thing Xi cares?

That is news. I am reporting it, I am doing what this thread is meant for. Btw, Xi may not care about HK...but he will care when his ability to govern HK is damaged by US retaliation.

I have to ask, why are you so sensitive to the notion of US retaliation? Does it impact you personally in anyway? It seems to trigger something in you. Its like some personal insult on you for some reason.That is very odd. I am sorry I have to ask this, you don't happen to be a wumao?
    Last edited by Coolboy; 23-05-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    No one is forcing you to focus on him 24/7...

Your failure to appreciate or realize the fundamental changes to Sino-US relations is why you refuse to accept reality, your outdated notion that taking action over HK will not serve US interest is a clear example. That was the case 10 years ago. But not today. Now it is very much in the US interest to take action over HK. The political credibility for the US is at stake.
    YAWN ................. Reality (Cough)

YAWN ................. Reality (Cough)
    You just supported my suspicions. What is it about the notion of US retaliation that so bothers you personally? You treat it like some personal insult on you. That is very strange. Do you have personal interest hurt by the prospect of US retaliation and sanctions? Or are you simply paid to try and dampen this idea?

Original Post Deleted
    What exactly is so "disconcerting"?

You also fail to understand what "credible" means in the political sense. Any US retaliation may or may not impact the enactment of the law, but US will feel they are politically bound to take action in response in any case. It is not a question of whether it will have any material impact on HK, rather it is a fact that the US feels they have to take action to uphold its political credibility.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 23-05-2020 at 11:22 AM.

MMmm "React Strongly"

Do you thing Xi cares?

Of course Xi won't care, but that doesn't mean it won't make political sense for the US/Trump or be good policy in general. Nobody expects the US actions to change anything for HK, but I think most people would be happy with a souring of relations between China and the West as a result. The world would be better off if the democratic countries will disengage from China over all the shit Xi has been doing.
    Taxmyass and mucaari like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Of course Xi won't care, but that doesn't mean it won't make political sense for the US/Trump or be good policy in general. Nobody expects the US actions to change anything for HK, but I think most people would be happy with a souring of relations between China and the West as a result. The world would be better off if the democratic countries will disengage from China over all the shit Xi has been doing.
    Exactly. I don't understand what's all the fuss on Trump regarding the US position in HK. The US will confront China with or without Trump, with or without the national law although this will just speed things up.

Original Post Deleted
    Why are you so certain nothing will happen? Why are you throwing insults rather than trying to make a logical argument? Seems very suspicious your argument and David4Maths are exactly the same. You don't happen to be the same poster using different names?
    I feel sorry for hard luck cases like you, incapable of mounting any semblance of argument.

Original Post Deleted
    No you are ignorant of Sino-US relations.

I'm not paranoid, I am just aware of the habits of some trolls on here. And if you don't care, why are you responding? You are contradicting yourself again I am afraid. How can anyone take your post seriously? Come on, at least have the decency to use just one poster account.