Like Tree62Likes

How will GeoExpat cope with the new Sedition Laws?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    funnily enough I got my copy of Animal Farm in a bookshop in a chinese airport. I thought that was surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    funnily enough I got my copy of Animal Farm in a bookshop in a chinese airport. I thought that was surreal.
    Probably nobody around who could read it
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Thanks.
    Female mutilation is fine if you keep women un-informed so they know no better is your nicest I can recall.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

** matter of "national" security **

Report: Subject [retracted] referred to ever-glorious Dada in plural implying foreign imperialist disease schizophrenia. Will be re-educated to love Motherland and 'having tea'...

N.B. I also wish to apologize to The Party for joking about Lord Dada's insanity and revealing state secrets. For the record I'm also rather attached to (having) my organs...

Last edited by Mefisto; 23-05-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Gatts likes this.

Be sure not to seriously hurt the feelings of the greater volk

I think Shiri will be obligated to provide information on all users to the authorities for tracking purposes and he will be forced to censor the site. If he doesn't comply the could be shut down and/or disciplined.

This place would still be run the same, maybe some people will stop posting, or 'self-censor'. I think the application of those laws would only happen if people start organising. There is lots of CCP criticism in online social media in China, it get clamped down on if it is sensitive, or goes viral.

Forum renamed to ExiledExpat and discussions continue as usual, albeit everybody that can leave has left.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoista:
    This place would still be run the same, maybe some people will stop posting, or 'self-censor'. I think the application of those laws would only happen if people start organising. There is lots of CCP criticism in online social media in China, it get clamped down on if it is sensitive, or goes viral.
    The trouble is even a cartoon of Winnie the Pooh is considered sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Why? Orwell ended up turning over lists of names of possible communists to the government at the end of his life. Just reverse the situation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast