Like Tree61Likes

How will GeoExpat cope with the new Sedition Laws?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Are there similar forums in China, or are they all based overseas so do not work like geoexpat?

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake
    Are there similar forums in China, or are they all based overseas so do not work like geoexpat?
    There is used to be a Shanghaiexpat, but that went to shit. Nowadays it's mostly Reddit or Internations. In general China doesn't attract the same caliber of expats in the same numbers that HK does, so there isn't a similar sized forum.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 23-05-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias
    There are five or six posters here who talk political sense .
    Thanks.
    juanalias and GentleGeorge like this.

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias
    Have I told guys the story about the animals, on the farm?
    funnily enough I got my copy of Animal Farm in a bookshop in a chinese airport. I thought that was surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    funnily enough I got my copy of Animal Farm in a bookshop in a chinese airport. I thought that was surreal.
    Probably nobody around who could read it
    GentleGeorge likes this.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any past posts which the wonderful people of China and their glorious leaders may deem inharmonious or raise national security concerns. Any references to abducted booksellers or perceived criticisms of activities in China’s South China Sea were poorly conceived humour by my biased indoctrinated Western mind. Thank you, your friend tigersun.

Last edited by TigerSun; 23-05-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    Thanks.
    Female mutilation is fine if you keep women un-informed so they know no better is your nicest I can recall.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

** matter of "national" security **

Report: Subject [retracted] referred to ever-glorious Dada in plural implying foreign imperialist disease schizophrenia. Will be re-educated to love Motherland and 'having tea'...

N.B. I also wish to apologize to The Party for joking about Lord Dada's insanity and revealing state secrets. For the record I'm also rather attached to (having) my organs...

Last edited by Mefisto; 23-05-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Gatts likes this.

Be sure not to seriously hurt the feelings of the greater volk

I think Shiri will be obligated to provide information on all users to the authorities for tracking purposes and he will be forced to censor the site. If he doesn't comply the could be shut down and/or disciplined.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast