Like Tree56Likes

Is your god guiding you like Ms Lam?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Is your god guiding you like Ms Lam?

https://hongkongfp.com/2017/03/30/ne...rming-cabinet/

Not to familiar with religions but they are very important for many.

Does your priest tell you to take liberties away from millions or use the Police as a tool for suppression?

If not you should perhaps ask why Ms Lam gets special messages or whether she is in fact in the wrong church/temple/shrine/mosque and she shouldn't be in yours.

Are you really comfortable that she is doing these things and using your god (or any god) as justification for her calling to do them?

Perhaps she should have a Simon Lokodo relationship with the Church.

"It is an abomination for kings to commit wicked acts for a throne is established on righteousness" Proverbs 16:12

There are a hundred other verses about ruling in justice, truth, without corruption, as one of the people, helping the poor, etc.

On the other hand God can use bad people and use evil for good. King David was an adulterer and murderer, King Solomon had I think 3000 wives and concubines.

chingleutsch likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    And somehow he was famed for his wisdom. 3000 wives does not sound wise to me

Maybe Lam has recanted Catholicism without publicising it. Perhaps her newfound God is rather more...bear-like?

If there was a god, I'm pretty sure it couldn't care less about Carrie Lam. I'm all for the freedom to worship and if it brings people peace and solace, great. However when idiots try to legitimize their actions by pretending they are somehow guided by a higher power, I find it risible and dangerous. Makes me think they are not sane.

CharSiuNow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    If there was a god, I'm pretty sure it couldn't care less about Carrie Lam. I'm all for the freedom to worship and if it brings people peace and solace, great. However when idiots try to legitimize their actions by pretending they are somehow guided by a higher power, I find it risible and dangerous. Makes me think they are not sane.
    I think there is a difference between "being guided" and "being superior because of a special message". Hopefully all Christians, as Lam states she is, feel they are "guided". When that message calls you to be superior to others or to do "wicked things" (which Lam is doing) then it is not spiritual guidance but self-interest.
    z754103 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And somehow he was famed for his wisdom. 3000 wives does not sound wise to me
    I literally shuddered... like, physically... also, 3000 MILs... oh God, there I go again...

I think there is a difference between "being guided" and "being superior because of a special message". Hopefully all Christians, as Lam states she is, feel they are "guided". When that message calls you to be superior to others or to do "wicked things" (which Lam is doing) then it is not spiritual guidance but self-interest.
    She might really believe she is good... I think evil super-villains are pretty rare (at least, evil super-villains who are consciously self aware of being evil super-villains)... most of these characters, Trump, Lam... almost anyone who gets into positions of high power, are narcissists and lack empathy... they are full of self belief and self confidence and they are highly resilient... I saw a photo of Lam's desk a few days ago and there were three photos of her on it! I bet most of us mere mortals have photos of spouses and kids...

I am vehemently against religion and don't understand how people can do science related jobs like being a doctor and still believe in some magic fairy tale. Those two things are mutually exclusive in my opinion. I would love to see freedom of religion changed to mean you won't get arrested for practicing your mumbo jumbo in private, but have it banned from public. No religions symbols or exemptions of any kind in public. No teaching of religions in schools, no tax free status, no church bells or crosses, no prayer rooms in airports. It's the 21st century after all.

ArrynField and Greghouse like this.

I have no issues if people feel guided by the values that their religion hold but the arrogance and insanity of having a personal relationship with an entity that would somehow message them about actions to take is ludicrous and so is pretending to know what a god might want. It's trying to legitimize and validate actions by pretending they are the will of a higher power while shedding responsibilities. People hearing voices should not be in power, they should be in treatment.
    Baklava likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast