Like Tree323Likes

Wed 27th May - Protests / Strikes

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A stupid remark with no intellectual value.

- Deliveroo needs new drivers

May be ... think about it. If your employer put you in a position where customers hurl abuses at you all day, no matter how amazing your employer is, your stock options are and the free lattes you get in the pantry - would you remain in your job?

Does your employee manual say you can then hurl abuses back at your customers?

A random thought... please continue with the debate.
    I’d argue against this. It’s a sad reality but I’m certain that many cops like the position they are in: they are better paid than the other disciplinary services, get loads of overtime pay, get to beat up people for no reason, get to shout and threaten people for no reason, always have adequate funding and backup, free housing, doing drugs without anyone investigating (except when the media finds out), have a side business selling fridges and air con, have a side business running an Airbnb while making your maid do all the work, illegally occupying government land, no one comes after you for your illegal structures oh and a free get out of jail card because the judge is sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    I thought shri was the boss!
    I am just the chief entertainment officer on what feels like the titanic at times..

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I’d argue against this. It’s a sad reality but I’m certain that many cops like the position they are in: they are better paid than the other disciplinary services, get loads of overtime pay, get to beat up people for no reason, get to shout and threaten people for no reason, always have adequate funding and backup, free housing, doing drugs without anyone investigating (except when the media finds out), have a side business selling fridges and air con, have a side business running an Airbnb while making your maid do all the work, illegally occupying government land, no one comes after you for your illegal structures oh and a free get out of jail card because the judge is sympathetic.
    Similar argument can be made about protestors if you want....

Just Saying...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Similar argument can be made about protestors if you want....

Just Saying...
    I don't think many protesters enjoy potentially sacrificing their careers and spending 10 years in jail...

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I don't think many protesters enjoy potentially sacrificing their careers and spending 10 years in jail...
    Ok lah ... you win the internet.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17