Like Tree18Likes

Covid-19 - HK$ Govt's 10K relief payment

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Covid-19 - HK$ Govt's 10K relief payment

Seen today in The Standard ..

The 21 banks will provide the electronic registration platform for the payout. To receive the payment with their sole-name bank account, eligible people may register through the bank's website or internet banking service, the fastest way to receive payment. They may also submit a paper registration form to a bank.

Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po said preparations are in the final stage and registration would start by end June.

1. Bank of China (Hong Kong)
    2. Bank of Communications (Hong Kong)
    3. Bank of East Asia
    4. China CITIC Bank International
    5. China Construction Bank (Asia)
    6. Chiyu Banking Corporation
    7. Chong Hing Bank
    8. Citibank (Hong Kong)
    9. CMB Wing Lung Bank
    10. Dah Sing Bank
    11. DBS Bank (Hong Kong)
    12. Fubon Bank
    13. Hang Seng Bank
    14. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation
    15. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia)
    16. Nanyang Commercial Bank
    17. OCBC Wing Hang Bank
    18. Public Bank (Hong Kong)
    19. Shanghai Commercial Bank
    20. Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong)
    21. ZA Bank
    (Interesting to see ZA Bank as one of the approved platforms / banks.)

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/148487/

and if you only have a joint account?.......................................... ... Carry on and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by David4Maths:
    and if you only have a joint account?.......................................... ... Carry on and wait.
    I don't know that kind of joint accounts people here have. We have ours with HSBC and you would't know it's a joint account except for the statements or checks. We can deposit checks in either name and incoming wires work in either name as well. I don't see why it wouldn't work in this case as well.

@shri ZA has been advertising this quite hard.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I don't know that kind of joint accounts people here have. We have ours with HSBC and you would't know it's a joint account except for the statements or checks. We can deposit checks in either name and incoming wires work in either name as well. I don't see why it wouldn't work in this case as well.
    This was the thing with old payments from the Govt too. You need a single name account - so your partner does not "steal" your handout without you knowing it.

If you're like me and don't have a single name account, you'll need to get a cheque payment which can then be deposited in the bank.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

If you're like me and don't have a single name account, you'll need to get a cheque payment which can then be deposited in the bank.
    Yes, I checked the original info again and if you have no personal account you can register the form through the Post Office or you local bank, they send a crossed cheque there and then you can go to BoC and cash it or pay it into your JA.

Oh the registration platform will be handled by banks and not the government? Cue hoards of people opening bank accounts at all those 21 banks and expecting to get HK$210k in handouts.

Do we know the definition of eligible people already though?

Going to Revenue Tower this afternoon to settle up my Tax for 2019-21 so you lot can have your 10K

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    @shri ZA has been advertising this quite hard.
    If you have a za bank account,ZA bank gives you extra 1k on top of that 10k govt transfer. If you cash out how do you do that on a virtual bank? My question is how do you get the money. Seems sketchy on details.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast