Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 3 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By drumbrake
  • 1 Post By Rob2020

When people get arrested - A First Person Report...

Closed Thread

When people get arrested - A First Person Report...

So, here's what happened to someone who got taken to the Aberdeen Police station. Not sure of the context / what happened before the arrest - in this specific case.

Embedding a few bits ... read the full thread if you want.

https://twitter.com/KaihClark/status...691325952?s=20

and

https://twitter.com/KaihClark/status...470769154?s=20

MABinPengChau, Gatts and timonoj like this.

And a threadreader link for those who don't want to scroll through all the tweets.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...924953602.html

Scary, especially as I don't think many(most?) of us have a barrister available on speed-dial

timonoj likes this.

FECK DA POLICE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Scary, especially as I don't think many(most?) of us have a barrister available on speed-dial
    Don't ask me how I know this... the solicitor will call your barrister, unless he's involved in a personal capacity.

Once upon a time, I casually told a barrister that I'd email him some documents that we all agreed were needed... and the room went silent. Was politely told that I had to email them to the solicitor who would then forward them to the barrister.

Random shit ...

(But yeah ... I don't have either on my phone...)
    Last edited by shri; 05-06-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    Rob2020 likes this.

The guy in the thread had to memorise the number of his lawyer as they take away your mobile phone - I know my own telephone number, but i don't remember any other numbers - even if i did have my lawyer on speed dial.

Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    The guy in the thread had to memorise the number of his lawyer as they take away your mobile phone - I know my own telephone number, but i don't remember any other numbers - even if i did have my lawyer on speed dial.
    He must have had it while being transported to the station as he mentioned that in the thread - lawyer was apparently at the police station.

Many of the young people these days write a helpline or other number / contact info using permanent markers on their hands / body, before they head out to protests / sing-songs.
    drumbrake and timonoj like this.

excellent twitter thread actually