Like Tree176Likes

National Security Law - Banter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I don't understand how that is going to change things. If Beijing wants to arrest them, they will do it regardless of whether they are still Demosito members or whether that organization still exist or not. The national security law will give Beijing cache blanche for them to do anything they want.
    I believe the assumption is that if any one of them does or says anything more individually after this, the rest of the group are not then arrestible by association.

Quote Originally Posted by prospectiveHKer:
    I believe the assumption is that if any one of them does or says anything more individually after this, the rest of the group are not then arrestible by association.
    True. But that's assuming the law makes such a distinction. I doubt it with the way Beijing is going to go about things that will make a difference.

Or maybe there's some kind of schedule to the law with a list of groups to be "proscribed" as "terrorists" or "traitors" and so they are trying to get ahead of that.

I saw it! It's coming true! The wise venerated Geoexpatters with their finger on the pulse called it right all along... here he comes!

Gatts, ArrynField and Jaz Paul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    I saw it! It's coming true! The wise venerated Geoexpatters with their finger on the pulse called it right all along... here he comes!

You bet sanctions are coming:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-china-funding
    Paxbritannia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Someone seems to be misunderstanding the role of the consulate. They aren't there to prevent your arrest or whisk you to safety, unless you work for them.

Looking forward to C Y Leung not being assumed to be a massive liar and fanning the flames of discontent with his 'funded by foreigners' mantra for the protests. Given the evidence was there 5 years ago expect millions upon millions of foreign funds to be uncovered to the public in the next few days...

Thought I was going to get lynched again....
    Last edited by ArrynField; 30-06-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast